USB connection for Android sync

If BirdieSync 2.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
klapanciusz

USB connection for Android sync

Post by klapanciusz »

Birdy, I am very happy that now BirdieSync should work over USB as well. My problem is that I actually could not make it work. I have a HTC Desire HD and my HTC Sync is installed. As the HTC Sync works, I think I have the drivers on my computer. I also updated the IP of the BirdieSync server. I have tried shutting down HTC Sync, tried using a different connection type (e.g. disk drive) and then manually enabling the USB debugging and so forth - however, nothing helped. The error message says that it is 'impossible to connect to the host' and list a number of recommendation how to sort this out but none of these worked. My only problem with BirdieSync was that I would have preferred to use it over a USB, so now I would be happy with it - if I could just put my phone into its docking station (oh, can this have any effect? It is an Expansys docking, actually it is just a USB connector of a different shape) and it synced. I am sure this will work out - all problems that ever occurred you solved quite swiftly. I hope that my report helps. Thanks for the great application!

Viktor

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: USB connection for Android sync

Post by Birdy »

Hello Viktor,

A problem was found with some particular devices (for instance, HTC 2.1 devices) that could prevent the USB connection (displaying an error message on the mobile device and no message on the desktop). Could you please install BirdieSync 2.3.1.1 (on both the Android device and the desktop) and tell me if you see some improvement ?
Thanks.

Note: this thread will be split and moved to the Assistance forum
Birdy

klapanciusz

Post by klapanciusz »

Thanks Birdy, this was really fast. My phone is running Android 2.2 but you were right about the error message only appearing on the mobile. This has been improved: my phone now manages to connect to BirdieSync and an error message is displayed both on the mobile device as well as the PC. However, my Thunderbird does not connect to BirdieSync and the generate log file is greyed out, so cannot send it to you. Sorry!

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

an error message is displayed both on the mobile device as well as the PC
Which error message is displayed ?
the generate log file is greyed out
What do you mean by that ? Are you talking about the BirdieSync menu ? Which one ?
If your mobile device is displayed as "Connected" in BirdieSync window and the green synchronization button enabled, you should be able to manually transfer the mobile device log (Help/Transfer mobile device log) before building the log archive with "Help/Archive logs" menu.
Birdy

jaxpacs

Post by jaxpacs »

You may wish to try this.
Go into Settings> Applications> Developments> USB debugging mode "checked".
Next time you plug the phone via usb cable to PC, the USB debugging mode will be enable.
Then try to connect and sync from phone's side Birdie sync.