BS 2.3.1.1 keeps dropping contact via WiFi

If BirdieSync 2.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
tolmalp

BS 2.3.1.1 keeps dropping contact via WiFi

Post by tolmalp »

I had really good sync between my Nexus S Android and Thunderbird using BS 2.3.0.6 but after upgrading to the latest app (2.3.1.1) I had to upgrade on the desktop with the same. Since then I cannot finish a synchronisation. Connection is dropped either for no obvious reason or sometimes when a dialogue box pops up to permit deletion of files. For the interim, is there any way of getting back to the combination of 2.3.0.6 desktop (which I have) and the previous BirdiSync App for the android phone? I haven't yet managed to get USB synchronisation to work.

Thanks for all your efforts.

AriMc

Re: BS 2.3.1.1 keeps dropping contact via WiFi

Post by AriMc »

I noticed the same problem. However, the synchronization seems to progress small chunks at a time so restarting over and over again it will eventually get it done.

tolmalp

Post by tolmalp »

Unfortunately, mine never gets beyond about 30% of synchronization and my patience gives up after about 10 attempts. The odd thing is that I cannot find a reason why it should suddenly disconnect. I've tried stopping Kaspersky's anti-viral software but that has no effect. What would be useful, is to get the Android app corresponding to 2.3.0.6 because that worked perfectly. I also don't know why there is no recognition of the Android phone by BirdieSync via USB. The upgrade to 2.3.1.1 seems to have been retrogressive as far as my phone is concerned.

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Hello tolmalp and AriMc,

A new test version was sent to you by email. Let me know if you see some progress.
Thanks.
Birdy

AriMc

Post by AriMc »

Thanks, that update seemed to solve the problem for me. I haven't done any large scale testing yet but the longish first test after resetting event synchs went through fine and produced correct results on the mobile unit.

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

BirdieSync 2.3.1.2 has just been released and should fix these issues.
Birdy

tolmalp

Post by tolmalp »

How I wish that every software programmer had the technical skill and dedication of Birdy. This is the second time that I've posted an issue in the forum in order to have Birdy provide a solution within a day or two from modifications in the pipeline. All the problems that I had with disconnection were solved with the version of BirdieSync and its corresponding Android app provided by Birdy. Problem solved and thanks.

AriMc

Post by AriMc »

tolmalp wrote:How I wish that every software programmer had the technical skill and dedication of Birdy. This is the second time that I've posted an issue in the forum in order to have Birdy provide a solution within a day or two from modifications in the pipeline. All the problems that I had with disconnection were solved with the version of BirdieSync and its corresponding Android app provided by Birdy. Problem solved and thanks.
I fully concur with you. I registered my copy of BirdieSync less than a week ago and the first problem I reported was responded in less than 15 minutes with a new fixed version already available for download. Thank you for the quick responses and good work Birdy!