Windows Mobile increased power consumption

If BirdieSync 2.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
tobomda

Windows Mobile increased power consumption

Post by tobomda »

Hello Birdie,

have a problem with the actual BirdieSync Version under Windows Mobile. It has a much bigger power consumption than the version before. is there something changed in polling ?
older Version was a 2.2.x.x, don't know which. With this I had a standby time of approx. 4 days, now with 2.3.x.x I have only 1,5 days. I have no other thing changed and no other software installed.
Yesterday I have charged the device and then killed the Birdiesync process and renamed the Birdiesync.exe to Birdiesync.exe_. Had only one phone talk and now I have 78% Battery. So all is ok, when BirdieSync process is not running.
Have you an idea for that ? If not I would like to have a 2.2. version back. I have already deleted it, because normally newer versions are better than older. :D

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: Windows Mobile increased power consumption

Post by Birdy »

Hello tobomda,

That's weird. I checked the differences in source code between the current version and version 2.2.0.0 for Windows Mobile but couldn't find any significant change that could explain this difference of CPU consumption... There was only minor modifications.
BirdieSync.exe should not consume CPU unless contacts, events, tasks or mails are modified on your device. Did you change something regarding mails for instance ?
Birdy

tobomda

Post by tobomda »

Mail I have never used, was and is unchecked. I get the mails normally with IMAP. No, nothing changed, only synced without any error.

One thing was mysterious, that in the "Android battery drain" thread also was described. First time I had killed the Birdiesync process with XTask. The process was definitly killed, I had checked it. But after some time the process was restarted without any change by me and no
connection to PC. I was wondering about that and then I renamed the exe to prevent this restart. What process does this restart do ?

tobomda

Post by tobomda »

Birdy, do you have archived all 2.2.x.x versions, so that I can test from which version the problem occurs ?

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

I sent you by email an old release of BirdieSync to see if there is any difference.
Birdy

tobomda

Post by tobomda »

Here is my report for this problem.
Increased power consumption seems to occur with V 2.3.1.3.
Next step was donwngrading to 2.2.0.1, with this version seems all to work right.
After this I installed the newest version 2.3.2.2. I have tested it some days with different results. One day more drain and one day less. One night the power reduces only 2% and other night 20%.
There must be other things that have big influence on power consumption, so i think the actual version is the best to use.

Thanks to Birdy