Map custom fields of Thunderbird Cards to user defined field

If you dream about having BirdieSync casting your horoscope, this is the place to ask for it...
SirSydom

Map custom fields of Thunderbird Cards to user defined field

Post by SirSydom »

Hallo!

There are a bunch of fields in the Conatcs of the phone that cannot be used because there is no equivalent in TB Cards.
So, but there are four not yet mapped so called custom fields.
With the Add-On "MoreFunctionsForAddressBook" these fields can even be renamed in the TB address book.
So whats now missing is a option in Birdiesync to map for example custom 1 to car phone in the mobile's contacts.

What do you think of this?

SirSydom

Re: Map custom fields of Thunderbird Cards to user defined field

Post by SirSydom »

so that was some time ago, I'd like to hear your opinion ;)

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Actually, it is a good idea. :) Thank you for submitting it. Several users also reported the same wish...
For now the priority is given to other features. But it may be part of future features of BirdieSync.
Birdy

nixx

Post by nixx »

Add me to the list ;)

I 'd really like to be able to have more of my Windows Mobile Contacts fields synchronized with my TB Address Book (things like IM, Work Phone 2, Company Phone, etc).

nixx

freshley01

Post by freshley01 »

I just Downloaded birdiesync and I must say I like what I see.
I've been looking for something like this for a while since our IT guy refuses to get Outlook since he hates MS.
Everyone in our office has a phone with mobile 5 or 6 on it so we are all happy to see something that links everything together. The price is too high though! If it were less, I could see everyone in our office getting it.

Anyhow, I too would like to be able to link the fields to what I want to link them too. I thought it was strange that Thunderbird would import the birthdays and anniversaries but wouldn't show them. I use the other fields for information like childrens names. Would be nice to be able to use this in Thunderbird.

Please add this function.

Marc Freshley

jpshev

Re: Map custom fields of Thunderbird Cards to user defined f

Post by jpshev »

Hi, I know I've written to you personally, but I just really really need to map fields like "Radio telephone number" to Thunderbird custom fields..
It's such a pain having to fill them all in by hand on the phone :-(

I'm sure others here would love the flexibility as well. Thanks for a great tool!!!

Julian

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Hello Julian,

Yes, I'm aware some users are really interested in this feature. There are many things that would be great to add to BirdieSync. It's a question of priority. I'll see what can be done in the future.
Birdy

servantoftheking

Post by servantoftheking »

+1