SD contents don't appear as disk drive

If BirdieSync 2.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
lluscher

SD contents don't appear as disk drive

Post by lluscher »

Used to be, when I sync'd, the contents of my SD card appeared in Windows 7 on my PC as a disk drive; that's the way I set the USB connection. Now, suddenly, even though my settings remain the same, Windows 7 shows nothing -- tells me to "Please insert a disk in Removable Disk (F:)." (Of course, it's already in there, my phone's USB-as-disk-drive.) What happened? I have my first phone photos in /mnt/sbcard/dcim/100MEDIA that I want to transfer to my PC, and the only way I know is to see them on my PC in this removable disk folder and copy them from there. I'm stuck for a solution here -- it used to work just fine. And what is "mnt" in this path? I don't remember seeing that before. Hope you have some ideas, because I can't find anything on the Windows 7 site. Thanks.

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: SD contents don't appear as disk drive

Post by Birdy »

Hello lluscher,

I'm not sure this problem is related to BirdieSync. In Menu/Settings/Connect to PC/Default connection type, do you have "Ask me" checked ? If yes, when you connect your Android device, do you have the "Disk drive" choice ? if you select it, is your Android device mounted as a disk drive ?
Birdy

lluscher

Post by lluscher »

You're right. It didn't. Today it works like it always did. For some mysterious reason, Windows was not giving me their pop-up so I could choose to view the files. And I always have my android set to treat its USB connection as disk drive.

Sorry for the false alarm. You can remove this string from the forum. I'm a very happy Birdie Sync user!

Lenore

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Thank you for the update. Glad everything is fine now.
Birdy