SyncID and sorting in Android

If BirdieSync 2.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
Meister-des-Syncs

SyncID and sorting in Android

Post by Meister-des-Syncs »

Hi,
I'm currently testing BirdieSync with my Android 2.2 mobile device and Thunderbird contacts.
When syncing the contacts from my desktop to the mobile, the contacts are no sorted correctly within my mobile phone.
Basically all contacts are sorted under the letter "s". That's because every address book entry has now a "syncid" in the form "SyncID:<HEX-Number>".
The SyncID is in the field "phonetic family name" in the phone. This somehow overrides the normal family name. Does someone has a solution for that?

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: SyncID and sorting in Android

Post by Birdy »

Hello Meister-des-Syncs,

BirdieSync synchronizes the phonetic family name from Thunderbird. Do you have the phonetic family name filled in Thunderbird contacts ? If yes, did you use another synchronization tool that could have filled this field in Thunderbird contacts ?
Thanks.
Birdy

martin8909

Post by martin8909 »

Hello,

unfortunately I have the same problem with my new LG 970 optimus android phone. Has anybody found a solution yet?

Thanks in advance!

Martin

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Hello Martin,

Another user reported to me that the contact application on Android device can sort the contact with the phonetic family name. The problem was that this field was filled with "SyncId...". It was very likely another synchronization solution which did it (if you know which one, I would be interested in knowing it...). Removing this phonetic family name in Thunderbird contacts solved the problem.
Does it help ?
Birdy

martin8909

Post by martin8909 »

Hello,

thank you for your fast reply! I solved the problem this way:

1. Export addresses as .ldif file, afterwards there was no phonetic name field in this file
2. Delete addresses in thunderbird
3. Import .ldif file

For your information: I used to synchronize thunderbird with mobile master, perhaps this tool wrote the syncId into the phonetic name field

Martin

lianpu

Post by lianpu »

Hi,

Just bought birdy sync and have the same problem with my iphone - all contacts in the iphone are under "s" for "syncid....", if I choose Last/First name order, which I am used to. I also use mobile master and will still use it in the future to sync with my isdn desk phone. So I will not get rid of the sync id. I dont find that field in my German thunderbird address book though, so I can not even delete it. It shows up only in the iphone contacts, as a third field under first and last name.

Any ideas to get my iphone contacts sorted correctly under their last name?

Thank you very much!

Christoph