Calender on phone won't display events

If BirdieSync 2.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
tiggercat

Calender on phone won't display events

Post by tiggercat »

I have just put BirdieSync 2.x on my android SE X10 mini pro with 2.1. I put an item in the calendar on my phone and it immediately shows up on my laptop. Yay?
No. I can see it on my laptop, but I have absolutely NO events on my phone.
I have uninstalled BirdieSync off the phone, but still I can not use the calendar on my phone. The events all seem to fall into the great abyss. There was no warning that this could happen. I am not a computer geek, just a very busy mum. Please, what has happened, I don't want to have to reset my phone settings to factory, just so I can start from scratch. GRRR.
EDITED
OK, I have just discovered that although I can't see the events, they are still there. There is a little line under the dates of the events, and I am getting the reminders, but only for those events that were in the system before I installed birdiesync. So, any ideas on what is happening? Please help!

tiggercat

Re: Calender on phone won't display events

Post by tiggercat »

I may not be a techo geek, but I have worked out the solution. :idea:
This now looking like something I might actually like to use.
My solution was to clear all data from both calendar and and calendar storage on the phone.
Rename the default google calendar, remove everything, and stop it from sharing.
I then went back to scratch with my phone, synced my home calendar with google calendar, made my home calendar my shared calendar, synced my phone with that, then, and only then, could I sync with birdiesync from laptop to phone, and still be able to view the data on the widget and in the phone calendar. I now don't have any events out in the clouds for the world to see.

Yay. :P Glad I asked the guys what to do, shame it took a housewife and mother to work it out.

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: Calender on phone won't display events

Post by Birdy »

Hello,

> There was no warning that this could happen
Well, it's not supposed to be a usual behavior... Actually Android manages two lists of events: the first one is the main list of events which contains all the characteristics of each events. The second one, is based on the first one and contains the events as they are displayed in the daily/weekly/monthly view of the applications. It contains "instances" of the events for each day. This second list which in some way duplicates the first one, may be used for performance reason. Maybe this second list was not up-to-date or no longer refreshed, and could explain why you had problems viewing your events in the calendar application. Note that BirdieSync has no control over this second list which is automatically generated by Android.

Another possibility is that the calendars which contain the events are not selected to be visible in the calendar application options.

In any way, clearing the calendar storage seems to have been a good solution to solve this problem (menu Settings/Application/Manage applications/Storage calendar/Clear data). Before doing this it is recommended to "Reset" BirdieSync event synchronization in BirdieSync "Activation" tab to avoid propagating these deletions to the desktop at next synchronization.
Birdy