"Empty event Birdiesync account" message with 2.3.3

If BirdieSync 2.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
Olli.B

"Empty event Birdiesync account" message with 2.3.3

Post by Olli.B »

Hello,

after updating to 2.3.3 the conversion of the contacts to the Birdiesync account works fine. Also the synchronisation of the Events seem to work fine. The only strange thing is that BS keep complaining about "Empty BirdieSync account", saying "Only Events present in BirdieSync account are synchonized. This account is presently empty. Do you want to import events from another account?"

When I click "Yes" I am asked to select an Account, but there is no account displayed.

As mentioned, syncing works, the only strange thing is this message. Can I ignore it?

Regards,
Oliver B

Stephen_C

Re: "Empty event Birdiesync account" message with 2.3.3

Post by Stephen_C »

I have had exactly the same experience with the 2.3.4.0 beta - and, like you, no problems with the actual synchronisation if I ignore the message. I have sent logs to BirdieSync support.

Stephen

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Hello Stephen & Oliver,

Thank you for reporting this problem. If should be fixed in release 2.3.3.1 of Android application which has just been released.
You'll need to update the desktop version as well (version 2.3.3.1 for Thunderbird 3.1 or the beta 2.3.4.0 beta-c for Thundebird 5.0).
Birdy

Stephen_C

Post by Stephen_C »

Many thanks, Birdy. I confirm that the latest versions appear to have resolved the problem (using Thunderbird 5 and the appropriate beta of BS).

Stephen

Olli.B

Post by Olli.B »

Hello,

again I am surprised how fast you react on such problems. 3 hours after posting my message my mobile asked to download a new version of Birdiesync (which solved this problem). Thanks a lot, support couldn't be better.

Regards,
Oliver B