events not synching with 2.3.4.0.-beta c

If BirdieSync 2.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
dicebox

events not synching with 2.3.4.0.-beta c

Post by dicebox »

Hi

I have an HTC Desire HD Android phone running Android 2.3.3.

I'm using Thunderbird 5.0 with Lightening 1.0b4 installed.

I have birdiesync 2.3.4.0 beta c.

When I sync, via USB, the lightening calender is not synced with my phone. If i put a test event into lightening on the PC, birdiesync says it has synced one item, but it does not appear in the HTC calender.

Also, beginners' question, so I apologise, I have transferred my contacts from the account pscs into birdiesync. Now, I have duplicate contacts in my HTC 'people' app, but I cannot see anywhere to view my birdiesync contacts. am I misunderstanding something here?

any help appreciated.

Thanks

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: events not synching with 2.3.4.0.-beta c

Post by Birdy »

Hello dicebox,

Regarding your synchronized event, did you check that the calendar created on your Android device where your event should have been synchronized in the BirdieSync account is selected to be visible in your calendar list ? (Menu/More/Calendars)

If you imported your contacts from the pspc account into BirdieSync account, then all your contacts should be duplicated: one contact in the pspc account and the other one in BirdieSync account. When you click on a BirdieSync contact, there may be no difference with the original one since the graphical interface is the same to VIEW a contact. Now you can remove your duplicated contacts in the pspc account with the menu "Remove events" in BirdieSync application.
Birdy