android did not connect to 2nd PC

If BirdieSync 2.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
mud_diver

android did not connect to 2nd PC

Post by mud_diver »

Hi,

i am using birdiesync together with my htc desire with a usb connection with Tbird and Lightning. Everything is working fine on my desktop, but trying to sync to my netbook birdiesync did not connect.

What i have done : After installing Thunderbird and Lightning on the netbook i restored the profile from the desktop on the Netbook and installed the same version of birdiesync.

Windows 7
Birdiesync 2.3.4.0beta-b
Thunderbird 5.0
Lightning 1.0b4

Thank you in advance for any help

Btw, sorry about my english, but i am from austria so my mother language is german.

Stephen_C

Re: android did not connect to 2nd PC

Post by Stephen_C »

Very clear English explanation: no problem with your English!

There is a FAQ at:

http://www.birdiesync.com/can-i-synchro ... -computers

which indicates in effect that it's not really practical to synchronise the same web calendar on two PCs. I appreciate it's not a direct answer to your question but mention it only because it could be relevant if you succeeded in connecting to the second computer.

Stephen

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Hello mud_diver,

On your netbook, did you install USB drivers for your Android device ? (with HTC Sync)
Did you try to exit HTC Sync if it is running (if you don't use it, I would suggest to uninstall it leaving USB drivers package installed) ?
Did you try to temporarily shutdown your firewall ?
When you connect your Android device, do you see the USB icon in the notification bar of your device ?

Synchronizing with 2 profiles could be tricky: I would suggest you to have empty address books and calendars in your second profile and populate them with the synchronization from your Android device choosing "Combine" option at first synchronization.

Also avoid synchronizing remote web calendars on the second profile as Stephen mentioned.

Thanks.
Birdy

mud_diver

Post by mud_diver »

Hi,
at first, thank you very much for your help ! After doing some tests i have chosen to sync only with my desktop, because what i have seen that there are always troubles when syncing lightning.

Thanky you very much and all the best from austria.