Birdiesync legt jetzt ein eigenes Kontaktbuch

If BirdieSync 2.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
blue-wj

Birdiesync legt jetzt ein eigenes Kontaktbuch

Post by blue-wj »

lange nutzte ich birdiesync um meine Kontaktdaten zwischen Handy htc Touch HD und Thunderbird Adressbuch abzugleichen.
Super auch mit dem neuen htc Desire S klappte es auf Anhieb
doch dann kam das Update 2.3.3.1=> birdiesync legt ein eigenes Adressbuch an
die Verwaltung der Kontakte ist umständlich, Daten können nicht an andere Programme wie Navigon übergeben werden
Anrufer oder SMS Absender können nicht gespeichert werden, eine Pflege der Daten ist am Desktop nicht mehr möglich
das ganze ist ein Rückschritt
birdiesync sollte wieder die Verbindung zwischen Telefonkontakten und Thunderbird Adressbuch sein !!!!!

blue-wj

Re: Birdiesync legt jetzt ein eigenes Kontaktbuch

Post by blue-wj »

goodby birdiesync

it has been a nice time ......
but Thunderbird, Lightning, Birdiesync don't talk anymore together
So I use now MyTelephonExplorer
this small freeware is more compatible and I'm able to sync my telephon contacts again
with Thunderbird !!! to handle them on the desktop
like the time before birdiesync starts an own database on the Android handy

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Hello blue-wj,

Sorry I don't speak German, so I'll have to answer in English.
Some explanation regarding the use of a dedicated account to store contacts were given in this thread.
Now I understand that you could prefer to still manage your contacts and synchronize them in the default contact account.
The problem you raised regarding the creation of a contact from a SMS, a log call or a mail was fixed in BirdieSync 2.3.3.2 for Android.

Regarding the other problems you mentioned, would it be possible to give me more details (in English) regarding what you dislike with this new version ?
Thanks.
Birdy

blue-wj

Post by blue-wj »

hi Birdy,

I bought several time ago the birdiesync to sync my htc touch HD with the contacts in Thunderbird
and as I chenged to a new htc DesireS I 've been surprised, it worked on the same way
but as I updated to 2.3.3.x the phone contacts are all getting deleted
and the Thunderbird contacts are coming back as birdiesync contacts.

my problems are starting directly
- I couldn't manage the contachts on the phone correctly
- I use Navigon Software for navigation (it's picking up the adresses from the phone contacts and not able to use birdiesync contacts)
- I managed my 750 contacts all the time in Thunderbird, it doesn't work anymore
but that has been the reason why I bought birdiesync

for me has been thunderbird, lightning, birdiesync, PDA (win mobile or Android) the fantstic alternate to Outlook
but now it isn't it anymore

but I'm lucky, I found an alternate Programm to get this all back (MyPhoneExplorer)

my mistake has beenthat I didn't read the description in front of the update
but it hasn't work sience a long time without reading the descriptions

I think this problems are not only my problem
thanks for the time

walter

and sorry for my simple english

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Thank you for the detailed explanation. I see the problem.
Presently, investigation is being done to see if it would be possible for the user to choose which account should be synchronized and so remain compatible with the classical contact application...
Birdy

dbqe

Post by dbqe »

Hi Birdy,

I am using BS for two years now as well and love it. However, before changing to TB5 and the latest BS version I am waiting until it leaves BETA status. After reading this thread, I checke the last release notes about the new BS account and contacte editor. Does this only apply for Android or as well for WM? If so, I would agree with blue-wj: If I would have to use an extra BS-Editor on the mobile I would stop using BS: the clever thing of BS is (or was?) that is is an interface between TB and the mobile's default address book and calendar. If this becomes a proprietary database on the mobile, the it loses it's basis feature (IMHO).
Hope to hear from you,

Daniel

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Hello Daniel,

Actually, the last version for Android (not for Windows Mobile or iPhone) still uses the same database as the stock contact application. It's only the GUI which is different because BirdieSync now accesses to its own contact account (and Android doesn't allow to use the stock contact application to edit contacts in another account).
But based on your different feedbacks, a solution is being worked out to offer the choice to synchronize the account your want. So if you'd choose the stock contact account to be synchronized you'd be able to still use the contact application. And if you'd choose to synchronize BirdieSync account, then you'd have to use BirdieSync GUI to edit contacts.
Birdy

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

A new beta version of BirdieSync has been released which no longer uses BirdieSync account to synchronize your contacts. So you should now be able to use the stock contact application again to manage your contacts.
For more flexibility and to still address some problems with some specific Android devices, you can now choose the accounts you wish to synchronize (Phone, Google, BirdieSync, etc.).

The beta version is available for Thunderbird 5.0:
http://www.birdiesync.com/forum/viewtop ... f=1&t=1514

And for Thunderbird 3.1:
http://www.birdiesync.com/forum/viewtop ... f=1&t=1534

Please quickly report any problem you have with this new version or comment you have. Don't wait for the official release to do it !
The release cycle is intended to be short.
Post the version of Android you use and the model of your Android device.

Thanks.
Birdy