Possible to delete Calendar on Mobile

If BirdieSync 2.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
surftier

Possible to delete Calendar on Mobile

Post by surftier »

Hello,
i create an Calendar on my phone and now I want to delete it again, because i don´t use the calendar any more. How can I delete the Calendar with out deinstall the birdieSync Software on my mobile Phone?
I Try to deselect and delete the Calendar at lightning but it doesn´t work...

Regards
Andre

Stephen_C

Re: Possible to delete Calendar on Mobile

Post by Stephen_C »

On my HTC Desire if I display the Android calendar and press "Menu" then "More" I get an option to display calendars and to uncheck the ones I don't wish to use. Also, if I press "Menu" again in that screen I get an option to remove a highlighted calendar. Separately, "Manage Applications" allows you to clear calendar data, of course - but I guess you don't want to do that if you have another calendar in use on your phone.

Either way, you might then want to go to BirdieSync>Options in Lightning to uncheck synchronisation of events so that you don't have problems if you do use BirdieSync again.

I'm not sure if this helps. I may have misunderstood the query. If so, sorry to have wasted your time!

Stephen

surftier

Post by surftier »

Hello Stephen,
on my LG P970 there is no option to clear or delete a calendar... maybe it´s a LG phenomenon... :)

Andre

Stephen_C

Post by Stephen_C »

Andre:
surftier wrote:on my LG P970 there is no option to clear or delete a calendar... maybe it´s a LG phenomenon... :)
Ah, sorry about that: it was just an idea!

Stephen

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Hello Andre,

I'm aware of the problem. The solution that Stephen provided is a good workaround at the moment to "hide" the calendar which is no longer used, or restart from scratch if you decide to erase all your data (in which case don't forget to RESET the event synchronization in BirdieSync Activation tab to avoid propagating the deletions at next synchronization).

I think a solution will be provided in BirdieSync in a near future to allow the deletion of calendars which are no longer synchronized since it doesn't seem possible through the stock calendar application.
Birdy

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

BirdieSync 2.3.4.0 has just been published on the Android market and allows you to delete calendars. Note that it's only possible in accounts where BirdieSync can create calendars.
Birdy