Javascript error BirdieSync 2.3.4.0 beta-e (Thundird 5.0)

If BirdieSync 2.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
otraver

Javascript error BirdieSync 2.3.4.0 beta-e (Thundird 5.0)

Post by otraver »

I have installed the .apk in my android device (HTC Sensation) and the .exe in my laptop.
When I try to sincronize I obtain the following error:

Translate of the message:

Code: Select all

Write a name to show or a email address

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: Javascript error BirdieSync 2.3.4.0 beta-e (Thundird 5.0

Post by Birdy »

Hello otraver,

That's the first time I see this kind of error. Do you have this error while synchronizing contacts ?
Do you have unresolved items ? If yes, are they contacts, events ?
Do you have error logged in Thunderbird error console ?
I tried to synchronize an almost empty contact (with only a phone number) but the contact was properly synchronized.
Thanks.
Birdy

otraver

Post by otraver »

I followed this process

1. Installed .apk on the device
2. Installed .exe on laptop.
3. open birdiesync in the desktop
4. execute birdiesync in the device
5. Go to settings
6. Go to contacts -> 2 options appears: the gmail account (408 conctacs) and "pcsc" [com.htc.andoid.pcsc] (0 contacts). I checked only the gmail account
7. Go to Events -> 3 options appears: The phone (0 event), the gmail (7events) and BirdieSync (573 events). I checked only the gmail and BirdieSync
8. Save the changes
9. I press the connect button
10. Thunderbird is opened in my desktop
11. PC Birdiesync show a window "Choice of first synchronization mode"
12. I clic in"combine contacts on mobile and desktop"
13. The javascript error message is showed.

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Do you use other add-ons like Zindus or gContactSync ? They might cause this kind of errors. If yes, could you try to disable these add-ons, relaunch Thunderbird and see if you still have the same error ?
Thanks.
Birdy

otraver

Post by otraver »

Birdy wrote:Do you use other add-ons like Zindus or gContactSync ? They might cause this kind of errors. If yes, could you try to disable these add-ons, relaunch Thunderbird and see if you still have the same error ?
Thanks.
I have installed, but deactivated, gContactSync 0.3.3 and also Google Contacts 0.6.36 (activated)
I will deactivate and will try.

otraver

Post by otraver »

Well, once deactivated Google Contacts 0.6.36, apparently works.
It's synchronizing from 1 to 661 contacts

Is normal this?
<no name>
<no name>

How I can activate BS save a log file?

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Presently BirdieSync doesn't synchronize the Display name of the contacts because usually this name is overwritten when you edit a contact with the stock contact application (it automatically generates the display name) and so the user cannot have a real control over it. So if your contact has no first name, last name or company field, it could be normal to have <no name> displayed since a display name cannot be generated and displayed in BirdieSync history. Do you have contacts like that in your Android address book ?
In a future release for Android, maybe the display name will be synchronized but it may be necessary to add some additional options regarding contact synchronization...

Presently, there is no way to save BirdieSync history. It's here for information purpose.
Birdy

otraver

Post by otraver »

Thank's for your answer, Birdi.

I solved this problem deleting duplicated contacts, with no name, in android contacts and in thunderbird address book.

I tried to make a event in TB and after sync it appears in mi android calendar

I tried to make a event in android calendar and when I try to sync I obtain this error in my desktop

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Right after you have the synchronization error, could you send your logs to support(at)birdiesync.com ? (don't post them in the forum)
First, transfer the mobile device log to the desktop with "Help/Transfer mobile device log" while your mobile is connected.
Then build the log archive BirdieSyncLog.zip with BirdieSync menu "Help/Archive logs...".
Thanks.
Birdy

otraver

Post by otraver »

Birdy wrote:Right after you have the synchronization error, could you send your logs to support(at)birdiesync.com ? (don't post them in the forum)
First, transfer the mobile device log to the desktop with "Help/Transfer mobile device log" while your mobile is connected.
Then build the log archive BirdieSyncLog.zip with BirdieSync menu "Help/Archive logs...".
Thanks.
Ok, I generated the log file and sent you to info.

The event created in the android calendar is not showed in the thunderbird calendar after syncronice...

otraver

Post by otraver »

Another minor issue.
I use as mouse a Wacom Grafire digitizer tablet
Since early versions of BirdieSync for PC I have to use a standard mouse (serial or PS2) to work with the software.
Not a big problem but if you want to solve the error....

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Thanks for the logs.
The enumeration error seems to be related to an error returned by the contact and event database. I don't see an immediate reason for this error. It will be necessary to investigate. In the logs, the problem seemed to have solved itself on its own. As a workaround a restart of BirdieSync application may also solve the problem.

Regarding the synchronization of your Google event, in which calendar did you create it ? Do you have a calendar in Lightning with an identical name and did you select this calendar to be synchronized in BirdieSync options ? (based on your preferences, you only selected one calendar to be synchronized) All events which belong to calendars on the Android device whose name don't match a calendar in Lightning selected to be synchronized are ignored.

Presently there is no notion of "default calendar" for Android device. Only events belonging to calendars selected to be synchronized are synchronized. But it may be confusing for some users who expect all their Android events to be synchronized. Would you have liked to have your events synchronized in Lightning in a unique default calendar ?

Regarding the mouse, that's weird. BirdieSync hasn't its own drivers so I'm not sure to understand how it could interfere with your mouse.
Birdy

otraver

Post by otraver »

Birdy wrote:Thanks for the logs.
The enumeration error seems to be related to an error returned by the contact and event database. I don't see an immediate reason for this error. It will be necessary to investigate. In the logs, the problem seemed to have solved itself on its own. As a workaround a restart of BirdieSync application may also solve the problem.
Well, I finally decided to start from scratch.
I deleted all contacts in the android device.
I created a backup of my address book, and I deleted all the contacts in TB.
I logged into my gmail account and I deleted all the contacts.
After deleting all contacts on all three, I've copied all the contacts in my address book from thunderbird. I have checked that all contacts had all fields completed, no blank or empty.
I sync my device android and have already copied all the contacts and I can see into my android.
With all this, I think I have solved my problems with contacts.
Regarding the synchronization of your Google event, in which calendar did you create it ? Do you have a calendar in Lightning with an identical name and did you select this calendar to be synchronized in BirdieSync options ? (based on your preferences, you only selected one calendar to be synchronized) All events which belong to calendars on the Android device whose name don't match a calendar in Lightning selected to be synchronized are ignored.
My android device is a HTC Sensation and I create the event in the calendar widget. When I try to create I can select between 6 calendars: Facebook, bierdiesync, user@gmail, user@gmail (birdiesync), PC sync or Weather
What is the one I choose to see the event in thunderbird, google calendar or android calendar?
Presently there is no notion of "default calendar" for Android device. Only events belonging to calendars selected to be synchronized are synchronized. But it may be confusing for some users who expect all their Android events to be synchronized. Would you have liked to have your events synchronized in Lightning in a unique default calendar ?
This question is not should I choose. Maybe in time have an opinion on this. Recently I enjoy an android, previously used an HTC Diamond + bierdiesync + Thunderbird ...
Regarding the mouse, that's weird. BirdieSync hasn't its own drivers so I'm not sure to understand how it could interfere with your mouse.
There is not a serious problem, long ago I was accustomed to using two mice.

Thank's for your answer..

Best Regars

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

My android device is a HTC Sensation and I create the event in the calendar widget. When I try to create I can select between 6 calendars: Facebook, bierdiesync, user@gmail, user@gmail (birdiesync), PC sync or Weather
What is the one I choose to see the event in thunderbird, google calendar or android calendar?
Presently you only have one calendar selected to be synchronized in BirdieSync options: "M..k"
So if you want to be able to synchronize one of the calendar you mentioned above, you must create a calendar "Facebook", "PC Sync", etc. in Lightning and select it in BirdieSync event options to be synchronized. If your calendar is not selected to be synchronized in BirdieSync options, it will be ignored.
Birdy

otraver

Post by otraver »

Birdy wrote:
Presently you only have one calendar selected to be synchronized in BirdieSync options: "M..k"
Upss, I find some errros.
The calendars that I have: Facebook (birdiesync), M..k (Birdiesync), myuser@gmail.com, myuser@gmail.com (birdiesync) Weather (Birdiesync) and finally PC Sync.
So if you want to be able to synchronize one of the calendar you mentioned above, you must create a calendar "Facebook", "PC Sync", etc. in Lightning and select it in BirdieSync event options to be synchronized. If your calendar is not selected to be synchronized in BirdieSync options, it will be ignored.
In the BirdieSync Options the only calendar that I have is M..k, and I have selected to sync in "both ways"

I tried to create an event in android, M. choosing the calendar. Ky after I synchronize itself appears in Lightning.
Then, as I understand, when you create an event I always select the android calendar
Is that correct?