Javascript error BirdieSync 2.3.4.0 beta-e (Thundird 5.0)

If BirdieSync 2.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
Birdy
Site Admin

Re: Javascript error BirdieSync 2.3.4.0 beta-e (Thundird 5.0

Post by Birdy »

If I understand correctly what you did, you created an event in your Android calendar M..k and then it was syncronized in Lightning. Which is correct since M..k was selected to be synchronized in BirdieSync options. Every time you create an event in this calendar, it should be synchronized in Lightning.

Now if you wish you could select other calendars in BirdieSync options (Facebook, Weather, etc.) if you want to synchronize them. But you must create them in Lightning (with an identical name) if they don't exist yet and then select them in BirdieSync options.
Birdy

otraver

Post by otraver »

It seems that the issue with events and calendar is solved but now I think have a little problem.

When I start a sync from android birdiesync, the desktop birdiesync show "comparing....", "Sync x/407" "syncronization successfully completed" and I disconnect from android birdiesync, but if I clic once in sync button the proccess start once: "comparing....", "Sync x/407" "syncronization successfully completed"
However if I start sync from desktop soft the proccess ends in 4 seconds.

Can I solve this?

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Sorry, I'm not sure to the problem you reported is the following one. Is it that when you connect your Android device, it takes a far longer time to compare the items than when you press the "synchronize" button once connected and synchronized ?
Birdy

otraver

Post by otraver »

Birdy wrote:Sorry, I'm not sure to the problem you reported is the following one. Is it that when you connect your Android device, it takes a far longer time to compare the items than when you press the "synchronize" button once connected and synchronized ?
It's not only the time...
When the sync is started from android BS, start the proccess of sync 407 contacts and spend 20 to 40 seconds and this is showed in the history tab. But if the proccess is started from BS desktop software the sync ends immediately.

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

When the sync is started from android BS
Do you mean when you connect with a Wi-Fi connection ?
Do you mean that every time you connect your Android device, all your contacts are synchronized again on the desktop ? (which seems to appear in your history).
If yes, this is not a normal behavior (I could have an idea of what could cause this).
Birdy

otraver

Post by otraver »

Birdy wrote: Do you mean when you connect with a Wi-Fi connection ?
Yes.
Do you mean that every time you connect your Android device, all your contacts are synchronized again on the desktop ? (which seems to appear in your history).
If yes, this is not a normal behavior (I could have an idea of what could cause this).
Yes, every time I connect via wifi, or whenever I click the sync button on my android device , starts the synchronization of the 407 contacts.
HOWEVER when I use the desktop software, File> Start Synchronization, performs the same process, but in this case is instantaneous.

attys78

Post by attys78 »

Hello

I installed BirdieSync 2.3.4.0 beta e to use it my Thinderbird 5.0. Unfortunatelly, when i connect my HTC via USB to my desktop (W7 64bit) Birdiesync tells me: "Mismatched installed versions", "BirdieSync versions installed on the mobile (2.3.4.0beta-e) and on the desktop (2.3.4.0beta-e) are not compatible. Please fully reinstall BirdieSync application."

Well, it seems to me, they are the same, but BS think they not.

I uninstalled from my desktop, from the mobile, restarted the desktop, reinstalled 2.3.4.0beta-e.
It still does not work. I get the same message, when I connect my HTC Diamond2. :(

Any idea?

Thanks!
Attila

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Hello Attila,

Sorry for the annoyance. There is a glitch in BirdieSync 2.3.4.0 beta-e when used with Windows Mobile devices. By now I recommend you to stick with BirdieSync 2.3.4.0 beta-d. It should behave as well with Thunderbird 5.0 and you should not have this problem.
You may download 2.3.4.0 beta-d in download section.
Thanks.
Birdy

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

@otraver: BirdieSync 2.3.4.0 beta-f has just been released. Let me know if you still have problems synchronizing your contacts. Maybe a first complete synchronization will be performed but after you reconnect your mobile device, your contacts should no longer be fully synchronized again.
Birdy

attys78

Post by attys78 »

Birdy wrote:Hello Attila,

Sorry for the annoyance. There is a glitch in BirdieSync 2.3.4.0 beta-e when used with Windows Mobile devices. By now I recommend you to stick with BirdieSync 2.3.4.0 beta-d. It should behave as well with Thunderbird 5.0 and you should not have this problem.
You may download 2.3.4.0 beta-d in download section.
Thanks.
Thank You for the rapid answer! It workd perfectly.
(I have not find any link to beta-d (your link pointed to beta-d too) I copied the link, replaced the "e" to "d" and i was able to download.)

attys78

Post by attys78 »

Birdy wrote:@otraver: BirdieSync 2.3.4.0 beta-f has just been released. Let me know if you still have problems synchronizing your contacts. Maybe a first complete synchronization will be performed but after you reconnect your mobile device, your contacts should no longer be fully synchronized again.
Beta-f has no compatibility problem on my system.
Attila

otraver

Post by otraver »

Birdy wrote:@otraver: BirdieSync 2.3.4.0 beta-f has just been released. Let me know if you still have problems synchronizing your contacts. Maybe a first complete synchronization will be performed but after you reconnect your mobile device, your contacts should no longer be fully synchronized again.
When I follow the link http://www.birdiesync.com/beta/BirdieSy ... beta-b.apk the download is not "beta f" is "beta b"

otraver

Post by otraver »

Without installing "beta f" I'm synchronicing and with the "beta e" installed in the android device and the problem continues.
I will wait to "beta f" version of the .apk

I opened this "beta b" and the files are dated 07/30/2011, I think thats is only a rename problem....

otraver

Post by otraver »

Well, once installed this "beta f" in my Sensation, the sync process only start the first time.
If don't have any modification the sync ends immediately.

Thank's