[Android] Lost Birdiesync account on phone

If BirdieSync 2.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
webinfo123

[Android] Lost Birdiesync account on phone

Post by webinfo123 »

After upgrading my phone to the last Birdiesync (and later also my desktop), I lost the default Birdiesync contacts account on my phone. I only see my Google account and some account called pcsc.

How can I recreate the Birdiesync account?

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: [Android] Lost Birdiesync account on phone

Post by Birdy »

Hello webinfo123,

The last version of BirdieSync introduced an important change regarding the way contacts are synchronized. BirdieSync account is no longer used to allow users to use the stock contact application. Because of Android constraints it was not possible to use BirdieSync account and the stock contact application. So it is necessary to use another account to store your contacts. It is then possible to choose which contact account you want to synchronize in BirdieSync settings on the Android device.
In your case, I would recommend you to use "pspc" account.

Since your contacts should be up-to-date in Thunderbird, then synchronize all your contacts from Thunderbird to the "pspc" account. If you have duplicate contacts because your old contacts are still present in BirdieSync account, please use "Remove contacts" menu and choose BirdieSync account (use this menu only if your contacts have been properly synchronized in pspc account before).
Thanks.
Birdy

webinfo123

Post by webinfo123 »

Somehow all contacts are still on the phone, but when I look at the "Contacts"-accounts in birdiesyng (on Android), none of the accounts show the amount of contacts which are in the phone.

When I go to an contact, I can see that it's part of the Birdiesync account and I also can see the other contacts which are connected the (missing) Birdiesync account.

The pcsc account is part of HTC. Is there any way to create an account on the phone?
I can remove the contacts from my sim-card, but I don't know how to remove the contacts which belong to the (non-existing) Birdiesync-account. How can I remove the contacts which appear not to have an account (anymore)?

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Somehow all contacts are still on the phone, but when I look at the "Contacts"-accounts in birdiesyng (on Android), none of the accounts show the amount of contacts which are in the phone.
I guess it's because they are still in BirdieSync account which is no longer visible in BirdieSync settings.
The pcsc account is part of HTC. Is there any way to create an account on the phone?
No. You should use pspc account which is accessed by the stock contact application.
I don't know how to remove the contacts which belong to the (non-existing) Birdiesync-account. How can I remove the contacts which appear not to have an account (anymore)?
With BirdieSync menu "Remove contacts", choosing BirdieSync account. But don't do it if your contacts hadn't been synchronized from Thunderbird into your pspc account.

Do you have all your contacts up-to-date in Thunderbird ? If yes, could you synchronize them in pspc account ?
Thanks.
Birdy

webinfo123

Post by webinfo123 »

Birdy wrote:Do you have all your contacts up-to-date in Thunderbird ? If yes, could you synchronize them in pspc account ?
I backed-up all my contacts and synchronized using the pscs-account on the phone. This worked fine but now all contacts are twice on my phone. One connected to the BirdieSync account and one connected to something called "phone" (translated).

I want to try to remove the contacts which are connected to the old/non-existing BirdieSync account following your instructions.
Birdy wrote:With BirdieSync menu "Remove contacts", choosing BirdieSync account. But don't do it if your contacts hadn't been synchronized from Thunderbird into your pspc account.
Where can I find the BirdieSync menu? In the BirdieSync application on the phone, in the BirdieSync application on the desktop or in the add-on in thunderbird?

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Where can I find the BirdieSync menu? In the BirdieSync application on the phone, in the BirdieSync application on the desktop or in the add-on in thunderbird?
On your Android device, in BirdieSync application, menu "Remove contacts", choosing "BirdieSync" account.
Birdy