Unknown error on events sync

If BirdieSync 2.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
techiegeek

Unknown error on events sync

Post by techiegeek »

I'm failing on getting my events synchronised.

I got a new phone and after backing up my calendar went through standard procedure to synchronise. The first time it took hours to synchronise my 2,300 events however after several hours it started marking every event as unresolved. I checked the unresolved list and the first one had an 'unknown error'. I restarted and the same thing happened with the same error on the same item. Eventually, I manually deleted the item from the desktop calendar and it ran fine.

I took my phone overseas and it self-adjusted the time zone etc, editing all of my events, and when I returned wouldn't change them back so I've had to wipe my phone to start again. Again, it stopped at an unresolved issue, and the first item was the same item that I had deleted previously, I tried to delete it again, but it's not actually in the calendar any more. I can't get it to synchronise now as it just goes to 50 or so synchronised and then every item is unresolved after this item with an unknown error lasting hours. I tried clicking on 'delete' in the unresolved items screen but it's not highlighted for the problem item. It won't let me stop synchronisation and after about 12hrs the only way to stop the cycle is to unplug the phone and then force quit birdie sync.

Contacts have synched fine.

Sony Ericsson Xperia X2, Win Mob 6.5, Windows XP and Thunderbird 3.1.10, BirdieSync 2.1.0.0

techiegeek

Re: Unknown error on events sync

Post by techiegeek »

It's actually an 'unexpected error'. And then makes every item that it tries to synchronised after it as unresolved.

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Hello techiegeek,

If you update your version to BirdieSync 2.3.3.3 (still compatible with Thunderbird 3.1), do you have the same problem ? (the upgrade from 2.1.0.0 is free)
After you got these errors, could you send your logs with the Thunderbird/Sunbird menu "Tools/BirdieSync/Archive logs..." to support(at)birdiesync.com ?

Before any operation, I suggest you to backup your data as mentioned in this FAQ topic.

Thanks.
Birdy

techiegeek

Post by techiegeek »

Definitely better with 2.3.3.3. I still got the object not found error but it carried on without stopping.

However, there were still 7 unresolved items with unexpected errors and it went into a start/end/start/end loop trying to resolve the issues. Again, I had to unplug it to stop it and it goes into a continuous (very speedy) loop of start/end/start/end. Restarted birdiesync which wouldn't close, but it kept reopening itself. Have had to log off to stop it.

But on reconnection, it seems to be okay. Fingers crossed!

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

These little "synchronization loops" were not a critical problem. They were caused by the synchronization of specific events from the desktop. You may let them happen (if you look at the history you should see no operation performed). Then should stop by themselves.

The unresolved items may be caused by some events with an incorrect format. If you think they are correct though, you can send the log archive
built with "Tools/BirdieSync/Archive logs..." to support(at)birdiesync.com to be analyzed.
Birdy