Address book sorted by name (Android)

If BirdieSync 2.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
carminou

Address book sorted by name (Android)

Post by carminou »

Hi,
Currently using V 2.3.4.1 - TB 5.0 / Android 2.2.2

Well this is not really a BirdySync problem, but on the phone side (android) entries are always sorted by first name...

Is there any idea to resolve this? Maybe (it's ugly, I know, but it seems that this is what many users are doing manually) an option in BirdieSync (android side) to:
- either swap first name and last name during sync, so that first="John" last="Doe" on the desktop would be first="Doe" last="John" on the android phone (and vive versa), and then correctly sorted
- or combine then so that first="John" last="Doe" on the desktop would be first="" last="Doe, John" on the android (and vice versa), once again correctly sorted.

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: Address book sorted by name (Android)

Post by Birdy »

Hello Carminou,

I see the problem. Maybe another possibility would to synchronize the display and generate it as "Last name, first name". But the problem would be that if you edit the contact on the Android device, the stock contact application may overwrite again the display name...
Which model of Android device do you have ?
Thanks.
Birdy

carminou

Post by carminou »

LG-P970 (Optimus black)

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Did LG remove the contact menu "Display options" and the option "Sort list by" ?
I found a reference on an Optimus black which seems to use the stock contact application which should have the "Sort list by" option. But maybe your Android model is different ?
Birdy

carminou

Post by carminou »

Yes indeed! Thank you!
This was hidden in the "display group" option, not in the address book options.