Error: "Impossible to enumerate contacts on mobile device"

If BirdieSync 2.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
servantoftheking

Error: "Impossible to enumerate contacts on mobile device"

Post by servantoftheking »

Hello,

because my old phone crashed i now bought an android (2.2.1) phone. I know ist not the newest but find an dualsim android phone with newer android.

Here´s my problem.
Syncronisation worked fine. But when I tried to create a new contact on the phone i can only create it in the googel account. not in the phone.
My major problem is that if i tried to sanc my google account the error "impossible to enumerate contacts on mobile device" is displayed an the contact is not synced.

Any idea what to do???

'Thanks

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: Error: "Impossible to enumerate contacts on mobile devic

Post by Birdy »

Hello servantoftheking,

> when I tried to create a new contact on the phone i can only create it in the googel account. not in the phone.
Which model of Android device do you have ?
On some model, because of Android design, after you created a Google account, the stock contact application no longer gives you the possibility to create a contact in the phone account. It considers the Google contact account as the default one. So the only solution to be able to create a contact in the phone account would be to remove the Google account. Or you may keep this account and disable Google synchronization (Menu/Settings/Accounts & Synchronization/Google, then uncheck contact synchronization).

> if i tried to sanc my google account the error "impossible to enumerate contacts on mobile device" is displayed an the contact is not synced
Right after you have the synchronization error, could you send your logs to support ?
First, transfer the mobile device log to the desktop with "Help/Transfer mobile device log" while your mobile is connected.
Then build the log archive BirdieSyncLog.zip with BirdieSync menu "Help/Archive logs..." and send it to support(at)birdiesync.com.

Thanks.
Birdy

servantoftheking

The Archive was send to the support Maild adress.

The Contact i tried to create was Aaaaa aaaaa

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

I sent you a new test version that may help to identify which contact causes this problem.
Birdy

servantoftheking

I´ver sent another Mail with two more Logs. All information are in the mail.