Strange history entries

If BirdieSync 2.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
dbqe

Strange history entries

Post by dbqe »

Hi Birdie,

after nearly each synchronisation processes I see strange (nonsense ?) entres in the history. I have a HTC sensation latest stock ROM and lates BS, TB 7.0.1 and I sync OTA.
One exxample for today:
- History says that it has created the 4th advent on the mobile: it has alwys been their as the other advent days and christmas...
- History says that it has deleted an 'Event' (!) Markus Meis (who is a contact in fact) on mobile from desktop foler 'Main' (which is a TB addressbook and NOT a calendar), device folder is empty....

The contact Markus Meis is still there.. Maybe nothing bad really hapens, but it is not nice to see 'deletions' and have no idea if something was deleted and why??

Here you can see a screenshot of the history
http://www.bergsoft.de/download/Bild1.jpg

Thanks in advance
Daniel

dbqe

Re: Strange history entries

Post by dbqe »

Hi Birdie,

one addition: I recalled that I have changed the contact in question on the mobile. The change succesfully was synced to my desktop, so maybe only the history entry is complete nonsense??
BUT: I tried to reproduce this by changing a contact again on the mobile and re-sync: complete 'regular' success: desktop was updated, history is fine (but only this time...)
Trouble is: AFTER I see a 'deletion' entry the entry in question may be vanished, so no way to check if (or what) was deleted)
Best
Daniel

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Hello Daniel,

I sent you a PM asking you for more information.
It doesn't seem normal to have "Markus Meis" for an event: it doesn't follow the usual pattern <event title> - <start date> - <end date>.
So based on what you said, is it possible for you to easily reproduce the problem ? In this case, it may help identifying the origin of the error.
Birdy

dbqe

Post by dbqe »

Hi Birdie,

unfortunately I cannot reproduce the problem, but identical problem occurredd with my contact "Vreni Abt" (i.e. history 'deleted' an EVENT "Vreni Abt"). Should be visible in teh file I sent you by email (occurred before sending).
I noticed, that this always happened with contacts I have changed and always in conjunction with a real event (it was that 4th Advent which always existed and never was changed). I tried changing multiple contacts, events, but it didn't happen. I will try changing sth and sync on the next day,
best Daniel

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

BirdieSync 2.3.7.0 has been released and should fix this problem. A slight side effect could remain though. If you delete an item on one device, the name displayed in BirdieSync History tab could still be incorrect. But resetting the synchronization in BirdieSync Activation tab and synchronizing again should definitively fix this problem.
Birdy