Problems with calendar at Ideos X3 with Andorid 2.3.3

If BirdieSync 2.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
palmfriend

Problems with calendar at Ideos X3 with Andorid 2.3.3

Post by palmfriend »

Hi, I have trouble on synchronisation an Huawei Ideos X3 with the Birdiesyc 2.3.4.1 syncing with thunderbird 3.x.
I configured birdiesync to sync events with BirdiySync (which works great on Samsung galaxy with andorid 2.3.5). The synchronisation in general runs fine, how ever I'm not able to configure the calendar so that new events will created for BirdieSync. Furthermore I wasn't able to configure that the synchronized calendars are shown or not shown. The calendar app only shows google-account and Standard.
I know it looks like a problem on the android site. However I would really appreciate if someone can help me.

Thanks
Niels

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: Problems with calendar at Ideos X3 with Andorid 2.3.3

Post by Birdy »

Hello Niels,
I'm not able to configure the calendar so that new events will created for BirdieSync
What do you mean by that ?
Which event account did you select to be synchronized in BirdieSync settings on your Android device ?
Which calendars did you choose to be synchronized in Thunderbird BirdieSync options ?
Do you use the same settings on both mobile device ? (Huawei Ideos X3 and Samsung galaxy)
When you create an event on your Huawei Ideos X3, can you choose in which calendar you want to create this event ?
Thanks.
Birdy

palmfriend

Post by palmfriend »

Birdy wrote:
I'm not able to configure the calendar so that new events will created for BirdieSync
What do you mean by that ?
Which event account did you select to be synchronized in BirdieSync settings on your Android device ?
BirdieSync so normally the events should be created in a subcalender of BirdieSync, but there are none showing. But BirdieSync has more than 2000 Entries. Which are shown in the stock-kalendar. There is shown Kalendar: gunda. Which is correct. But it's impossible to create a new entry into the calendar gunda.
Birdy wrote:Which calendars did you choose to be synchronized in Thunderbird BirdieSync options ?
Once called gunda and once called Ferien.
Birdy wrote:Do you use the same settings on both mobile device ? (Huawei Ideos X3 and Samsung galaxy)
Yes exactly the same.
Birdy wrote:When you create an event on your Huawei Ideos X3, can you choose in which calendar you want to create this event ?
Thanks.
Yes I can choose between telefon and google but neither gunda nor Ferien.

Niels

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

So if I understand well:
- You only selected "BirdieSync" event in BirdieSync settings on the Android device
- Events were properly synchronized in BirdieSync event account: the number of events displayed in BirdieSync event account setting seems correct and these events appear in your stock calendar application
- If you try to create a new event with the stock calendar application you don't have the choice to put it in a calendar belonging to BirdieSync account (no "gunda" nor "Ferien" calendar listed). You can only choose "telefon" or "google" calendars.
Is this correct ?
So the question would be, why the calendars present in BirdieSync account cannot be chosen when you create a new event in the stock calendar application.

Now, if you list all the calendars (in your stock calendar application, menu "More/Calendars", are the calendars "gunda" or "Ferien" listed ? If yes, are they synchronized to be "Displayed" ? "Synchronized" ?
Thanks.
Birdy

palmfriend

Post by palmfriend »

Birdy wrote:So if I understand well:
- You only selected "BirdieSync" event in BirdieSync settings on the Android device
- Events were properly synchronized in BirdieSync event account: the number of events displayed in BirdieSync event account setting seems correct and these events appear in your stock calendar application
- If you try to create a new event with the stock calendar application you don't have the choice to put it in a calendar belonging to BirdieSync account (no "gunda" nor "Ferien" calendar listed). You can only choose "telefon" or "google" calendars.
Is this correct ?
Exactly!
Birdy wrote: So the question would be, why the calendars present in BirdieSync account cannot be chosen when you create a new event in the stock calendar application.

Now, if you list all the calendars (in your stock calendar application, menu "More/Calendars", are the calendars "gunda" or "Ferien" listed ? If yes, are they synchronized to be "Displayed" ? "Synchronized" ?
This is the right question. The calendars gunda and Ferien can't be chosen if I create a new event and isn't listed at More/Calendars :-(
Should I make a second try without choosing BirdieSync as acount?
Niels

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Should I make a second try without choosing BirdieSync as acount?
I think I'll need to send you a new test version in order to check the status of BirdieSync calendars. If you can wait, I prefer to send you the test version first.

Another question: presently, there are some restrictions regarding the use of the Google account or the Phone account to synchronize calendars: it's not possible for BirdieSync to create calendars in these accounts because of Android restrictions. But the problem is that you might want to synchronize several calendars in Thunderbird (like "gunda" and "Ferien") to the Android device. Presently, to create these "gunda" and "Ferien" calendars in the Google account on the Android device, you must create them on the web in your Google account and then synchronize these calendars on your Android device to create them on the mobile. The drawback of this method is to have to use Google web synchronization to create these calendars. So here is my question: would find a more interesting alternative to be able to choose one single "default" calendar (named for instance "My calendar") in the Google account on you Android device where all the events from "gunda" and "Ferien" Thunderbird calendars would be synchronized by BirdieSync ? Which means that several Thunderbird calendars would be synchronized in the same "default" calendar you chose if no calendar with the same name as in Thunderbird could be found on the in the Google account on the Android device.
Birdy

palmfriend

Post by palmfriend »

Birdy wrote:Should I make a second try without choosing BirdieSync as acount?
I think I'll need to send you a new test version in order to check the status of BirdieSync calendars. If you can wait, I prefer to send you the test version first.
Does the new version force me to upgrade thunderbird?

About the google-account: This is not an option. I will definitely don't put any data to the google-account. The alternative would be the "Phone" as a target not the google account.

Niels

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Which version of BirdieSync is installed on your Android device (click on the (i) button on the bottom right) and on your desktop (menu Help/About) ?
Which version of Thunderbird do you have ? (menu ?/About Thunderbird)
I know that you mentioned your versions at the top of topic but could you check again ?
The alternative would be the "Phone" as a target not the google account.
I would have the same question as before. Would it be interesting to be able to synchronize several Thunderbird calendars in the unique calendar present in the Phone account (knowing that it's not possible to create new ones because of Android restrictions).
Birdy

palmfriend

Post by palmfriend »

Birdy wrote:
Which version of BirdieSync is installed on your Android device (click on the (i) button on the bottom right) and on your desktop (menu Help/About) ?
Which version of Thunderbird do you have ? (menu ?/About Thunderbird)
I know that you mentioned your versions at the top of topic but could you check again ?
I will check it this evening.
Birdy wrote:
The alternative would be the "Phone" as a target not the google account.
I would have the same question as before. Would it be interesting to be able to synchronize several Thunderbird calendars in the unique calendar present in the Phone account (knowing that it's not possible to create new ones because of Android restrictions).
I can try it. Not sure if I can handle it this evening.
Niels

palmfriend

Post by palmfriend »

Here the version-info
BirdieSync Android 2.3.4.1
BirdieSync Desktop 2.3.3.3
Thunderbird 3.1.11

palmfriend

Post by palmfriend »

Some additional infos. I deleted the account and there was only sync contacts not sync events. This is funny because I can't sync my contacts to an BirdieSync-Account!

Furthermore CalenderPad was able to create events in gunda and Ferien :?

The idea to sync to Phone doesn't work. Even if I named my kalendar in thunderbird Phone :-(

So it's seems to be a bigger issue than I thought.

Niels

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Furthermore CalenderPad was able to create events in gunda and Ferien
The question is to know if the stock calendar application was customized to only list calendars from the default Phone account and Google or if there is another reason that makes it ignore BirdieSync calendars.
The idea to sync to Phone doesn't work. Even if I named my kalendar in thunderbird Phone
Maybe this calendar cannot be accessed with this name.

I'll send you a new test version for Android to investigate on these problems. It should be compatible with BirdieSync 2.3.3.3.
[Edit]: Version sent
Birdy