4 German Words

If you dream about having BirdieSync casting your horoscope, this is the place to ask for it...
MainManDave

4 German Words

Post by MainManDave »

Hello Birdie! I know you do not really need a German version because BirdieSync integrates with ActiveSync completely. However, instead of translating everything, why don't you just change the names of the status part of ActiveSync. When we install in German, it shows two languages. My suggestion is to make it possible to change four words on the ActiveSync status display: Cards=Karten, Events=Termine, Tasks=Aufgaben and Mails=Email (almost the same). There you have the German translation and everybody is happy. Only a suggestion. It would look better too. Keep up the good work.
The SYNC-Man has spoken...

danmnc

Re: 4 German Words

Post by danmnc »

Eine deutsche Übersetzung wäre nicht schlecht denk ich...

A german translation would be nice i guess...

oliver.jung

Post by oliver.jung »

Yeah, I agree fully ! Birdie, this should a very little things to make it happen ...what do you think ?

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

With the new BirdieSync GUI, it would be more than 4 words now. :wink: Actually the translations mechanisms are already present in BirdieSync but it will be necessary to work a bit on the way to organize the translation files so that external contributors can easily work on them. That's on the "to do" list... :)
Birdy

Stef

Post by Stef »

Hi Birdy,
Are there any news about a German translation?
I could help to translate the GUI.
Stef

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

It is now possible to help translate BirdieSync in German (or other languages). Have a look at this thread for more information.
All offers of help are welcome ! :)
Birdy

BirdieDan

Post by BirdieDan »

Why not try google translator or just find someone German speaking native person online or skype or facebook. Remeber to make your life easy.

bromsa

Post by bromsa »

Yeah, I think that it would be a great solution. It is always better to choose the easiest way to fix the problem. ;) Have a nice weekend all of you!