Sync problems concerning contact photos

If BirdieSync 2.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
Stef

Sync problems concerning contact photos

Post by Stef »

Unfortunately BirdieSync (V2.3.7.1) does not always properly sync contact photos (not always but sometimes).
E.g. I have added a contact photo stored on my hard drive to a thunderbird contact (personal address book).
Then I synced with my Android smartphone (Dell Streak, Android V2.2.2) but the contact photo did not appear on my phone's address book.
All other modifications are synced correctly.

Stef

Re: Sync problems concerning contact photos

Post by Stef »

I've just found out that the reason for not syncing the contact photo was that the file size of the photo was above the maximum limit of allowed file size (see BirdieSync settings).
So it's not a bug but a "feature". Nevertheless it would be helpful to get a notice when a photo is not synchronized because of the file size.

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

it would be helpful to get a notice when a photo is not synchronized because of the file size.
The question would be how to do this. An additional warning column in the history ?
Birdy

Stef

Post by Stef »

Yes, this would be perhaps sufficient.
By the way, it is possible to translate BrdieSync into German (by a translation file e.g.)? I offered already help in the section "wishes" of this forum...