TB 7.0.1 and Birdie 2.3.7.1-problem old hidden BirdieAccount

If BirdieSync 2.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
kus

TB 7.0.1 and Birdie 2.3.7.1-problem old hidden BirdieAccount

Post by kus »

I'm using BirdieSyncSetup_2.3.7.1 and the newest android version on a Samsung Galaxy II.

I got the Problem, that every contact is twice on the android phone. Every 2 are connected. If I delete for example a mail adress in thunderbird, the adress isn't deleted on the Phone in one of the contact items.
If I delete one of the contact items (tag: „unbekannt“), this item is only concealed not deleted.
Is there an solution for this problem?

In thunderbird is only one contact item, everything is fine.

Thanks

Kus
Last edited by kus on Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: TB 7.0.1 and Birdie 2.3.7.1 - problem with contact sync

Post by Birdy »

Hello Kus,

Could you tell me which account you selected to be synchronized in BirdieSync settings on your Android device ? Did you have contacts present in another contact account ?
When you open BirdieSync settings on your Android device and look at the contact accounts listed, you should see the number of contacts present in these accounts. Would your duplicated contacts be present in 2 different contact accounts ?
Note that in BirdieSync Android application, you have a menu "Remove contacts" to remove all the contacts of a specific contact account (ensure to have a recent backup of you contacts before using this menu).
Birdy

kus

Re: TB 7.0.1 and Birdie 2.3.7.1 - problem with contact sync

Post by kus »

Thanks for the quick respond - first of all the problem is now solved!

Explanation:

There was hidden an old BirdieSync Account of a previous BirdieSync Android version. The account was not listed in "settings -> contacts tab".
With your hint, that in the main screen (not in the settings!) is a function called "Remove contacts", I could delete the hidden contact items and now I have every contact only one time on the phone.