For Events, is "com.callicia.birdiesync" still a local sync?

If BirdieSync 2.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
JLJLJL

For Events, is "com.callicia.birdiesync" still a local sync?

Post by JLJLJL »

I just want to doublecheck my understanding.

For Contacts I'm able to directly sync to the Phone account.

But for Events, Android doesn't work that way. So if I don't want to sync with Google Calendar or any other service, I should select the [com.callicia.birdiesync] account, is that correct?

And just to make sure, [com.callicia.birdiesync] is still completely local right? Meaning no data is being sent to your servers to activate the sync?

Thanks for any help :D

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: For Events, is "com.callicia.birdiesync" still a local s

Post by Birdy »

Hello JLJLJL,
For Contacts I'm able to directly sync to the Phone account.
But for Events, Android doesn't work that way. So if I don't want to sync with Google Calendar or any other service, I should select the [com.callicia.birdiesync] account, is that correct?
You can sync your contacts into the Phone account. You can also sync your events with the Phone account but it is usually impossible for BirdieSync to create new calendars in this account because of Android restrictions. So the synchronized calendar must already exist in this Phone account (and so another calendar selected to be synchronized in BirdieSync options in Thunderbird must exist in Thunderbird with the same name).
If you don't want to synchronize with Google or other service, it is recommended to use BirdieSync account. Especially knowing that in the other event accounts, you usually cannot create a calendar (contrary to BirdieSync account).
So unless you expressively need your data to be synchronize with Google or with another service (and you loose the ability to create calendars), I strongly recommend you to synchronize your data in the BirdieSync account. But note that if you uninstall BirdieSync on the Android device, it will erase BirdieSync data.
[com.callicia.birdiesync] is still completely local right? Meaning no data is being sent to your servers to activate the sync?
Absolutely. BirdieSync don't use any cloud server. The connection is direct between your PC and your device. Your data remains private. :)
Birdy

JLJLJL

Re: For Events, is "com.callicia.birdiesync" still a local s

Post by JLJLJL »

Nice! Thanks for the info :)