First sync very slow

If BirdieSync 2.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
billywill

First sync very slow

Post by billywill »

Hi All,

any thoughts on how to speed up first sync?
I have a new phone and the events sync is taking 4+ hours and not half way through 5K of events. My problem is I don't sit in one spot for long enough to leave the phone connected.....
Perhaps I could delete events out of the calender but that is tedious.
I note this problem occurred when I got a new phone two years ago.
Now we are on HTC Sensation HTC Sync 3.0.5617 and Win7 with TBird 9 + Birdy 2.3.9.0

Any suggestions?

thanks in advance

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: First sync very slow

Post by Birdy »

Hello billywill,

I usually not recommend to synchronize so many events on a mobile device. It seems difficult to speed up event synchronization on Android device because of some specific Android limitations (note that it was possible with contacts). The first thing to do could be to limit the past synchronization period for events. For instance, you may not synchronize on the mobile device the events which are older than a few months. You may find this parameter in Thunderbird BirdieSync options (menu Tools/BirdieSync/Options, Event panel, Miscellaneous tab).
Birdy

billywill

Post by billywill »

I will go that way, thanks

Speckbear

Post by Speckbear »

Hi Birdy,

i have a similar problem with my contacts. Due to the reinstallation of a new Android ROM (ICS 4.0.3) on my phone, I had to reset the synchronization of contacts
and now the transfer of contacts takes >25s/contact, with ~4000 contacts waiting :( . I am not sure if this took ever this long with the old ROM, so it might be related to that.
At the moment I am using the backup-contacts on the phone and the phone is not synchronized to the PC. I had also problems with loss of connection to the phone, which seems to be solved when
setting the "display off" setting to 30 min and touching it from time to time, so it does not go to sleep - this is probably also related to the ROM I use.

Do you have any idea what could be the problem ?

Thanks for your support,
Klaus
HTC HD2 with Android ICS 4.0.3

Speckbear

Post by Speckbear »

Hi,

after having reinstalled the ROM on my device and made a fresh synchronization with birdiesync, it works now fast as expected. So this was probably only related to my firmware on the mobile.

regards,
Klaus