Events 1 hour out if schedules cover changes

If BirdieSync 2.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
Birdy
Site Admin

Re: Events 1 hour out if schedules cover changes

Post by Birdy »

When I was saying "new" I meant after you switched to GMT+4 and then back to GMT+1/DST
So the events created yesterday are two old. :)
I would like to be sure that these new recurring events have a GMT+1/DST time zone. So could you try with a new recurring event created just now ?

To answer your question, yes, maybe your old events are bound to an incorrect time zone (without DST).
Birdy

racuirhh

Post by racuirhh »

I created now a weekly event at daylight savings time > switched to November 2012 > switched to daylight savings time off > rebboted
>> The event is still shifted -1 h ;-)

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

I made again some tests synchronizing events from Thunderbird to the Windows Mobile device but still couldn't reproduce the problem. Weekly events keep the same time across the DST change and I tried to synchronize events in February before the DST change.
I also checked the way BirdieSync synchronize the event: the event should rely on the current time zone of the mobile device. It doesn't have its own time zone (even for recurring events).

When you switch back to February on the Windows Mobile device and then manually create a weekly event (so without using BirdieSync to create it). If you then revert to the current date. Does the time remain the same or do you see a time shift ?
In your time zone settings on the Windows Mobile device, do you have a checkbox to disable/enable DST ? (I'm not sure based on your previous posts but I don't have one on my Windows Mobile device)
Birdy

racuirhh

Post by racuirhh »

OK: I switch back to February, switch daylight savings time on the mobile device "off" and create a weekly event at 12 .p.m.
I switch back to April, switch daylight savings time on the mobile device "on", synchronise > all weekly events are at 11 p.m. in Tunderbird/Lightning.

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

What do you mean by "switch daylight savings time on the mobile device "off". Did you change something regarding the time zone ? Do you have a checbox to enable or disable DST in Windows Mobile Clock settings ? (I don't have one on my version of Windows Mobile 6.5). Actually you should not modify anything and simply remain on time zone "GMT 1 Berlin" which should automatically handle the DST change along with the date change.
In what you reported, you told me that you synchronized again. But what if you simply create an event manually on February and simply change the date back to April (without synchronizing). All this without modifying the time zone (GMT +1 Berlin). Does the event remain at the same time ?
Birdy