Sync Conflict Preview

If you dream about having BirdieSync casting your horoscope, this is the place to ask for it...
Phones

Sync Conflict Preview

Post by Phones »

Hi,

I just synced my Windows Mobile Phone with Thunderbird and was told I have a conflict on one of the events, did I want to keep the one on the device or the one on the phone?

The problem was without seeing them both I did not know.

Would it be possible to add a preview function (or even better a merge/edit function) to allow us to see which we want to keep?

Cheers,

DAve

P.S. This is a great tool - thanks for developing it :)

servantoftheking

Re: Sync Conflict Preview

Post by servantoftheking »

+1

FilmTraveler

Post by FilmTraveler »

I want to see this feature as well. Before picking BirdieSync, I tried several free sync programs and they all had this feature. BirdieSync was better in many other ways so I bought it, but this feature was very important and useful.

The perfect solution would be to add not just a preview, but a reconcile function which lets you pick which specific fields to keep from which changed contact. For example, sometimes I will change the phone number on my smartphone and the email address in Thunderbird, and then when I sync I have to blindly choose which contact to keep. I should be able to reconcile the change by choosing to keep the phone number from the smartphone and the email address from Thunderbird!

servantoftheking

+1

timjohnson

Post by timjohnson »

+1

servantoftheking

+1