syncronization photo

If BirdieSync 2.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
Spider

syncronization photo

Post by Spider »

Hey

I add a contact photo on my mobile from 57 KB.
I set birdysync on 100 KB.
After sync the photo is not set at thunderbird still the standard gray photo.

thanks

Axel Larator

Re: syncronization photo

Post by Axel Larator »

Same problem with my stuff

Pictures transported from Iphone to Thunderbird successfully. After some minor issues in some addresses pictures get lost. I put the filter to 250 KB. If I put a new picture in an address it pops up in the Iphone.

This is a real show stopper, anyone any ideas?

Cheers
Axel

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Hello Spider and Axel,

A problem could be reproduced with photos synchronized from the mobile device. If a contact is edited in Thunderbird after being initially synchronized from the mobile device, the photo could get lost.
The problem will be investigated.
Birdy

Axel Larator

Post by Axel Larator »

If I could be of further help,
send me an email.
Regards
Axel

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

I sent you a new test version with some modifications to address this problem.
Birdy

Spider

Post by Spider »

hey,

with the test version no luck

- change the photo on contact on mobile.
- sync
- no photo transfers to thunderbird

it looks like the change = never detected

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

@Spider:

Which mobile device do you have ? I made some tests but couldn't reproduce the problem.
If you create a new contact on the mobile device with a photo, is it properly synchronized ? Do you have only this problem if you had a photo in the contact before (properly synchronized) and if you change to another photo ? (photo not synchronized)
Do you have this problem with all kind of photos ?
Would you have a scenario that I could try to reproduce ? (you may send the photo you use to support(at)birdiesync.com)
Thanks.
Birdy

Spider

Post by Spider »

Mail send

forgot this all happen with every picture

Spider

Post by Spider »

that's the only thing i can find

- Create a contact (at thunderbird) with a name and no picture (the contact was immediately synchronized to mobile with no picture)

- Edit the contact and add a picture (any picture) (at thunderbird) (the contact was immediately synchronized to mobile with the added picture)

- i changed the picture at thunderbird (the contact was immediately synchronized to mobile with the changed picture)

everything seems to work from thunderbird to mobile but not from mobile to thunderbird.

thanks already for all the help.

Ron

Post by Ron »

I found out it has to do with the size of the picture file. Try to increase compression (jpg with compression of 40 or 45 usually will do) and don't use more than 250 x 250 pixel. File size should be no more than approx. 23 kB. If increased compression doesn't help (happens sometimes with very detailed pictures) decrease picture size.

I tried this with a variety of photographs on a variaty of contacts. I always succeeded after alteration of the picture/file.

HTH

Spider

Post by Spider »

Hello Ron,

I sorted this one out with Birdy.

1ste problem create contact with photo
There was a fault (solved now, be at the next version).

2de My problem now = a bug at WM 6.1.
so i have some work around solutions.
when i purchase a new phone problem will be solved to

off topic
one thing i'am sure off, this is a good program that's to cheap i think.
because the support is 200% and more but this is my personally opinion

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

The problem identified with photo has been fixed in 2.4.1.1: if a contact synchronized from the mobile device to Thunderbird with a photo is then edited in Thunderbird, contact photo is no longer lost.

There could remain a problem with photos on some versions of Windows Mobile. If you change the picture of a contact on Windows Mobile, BirdieSync could not detect the change (the change is not signaled by Windows Mobile). So the new photo is not synchronized. The workaround is to edit the contact elsewhere (for instance, add a space in the note field of the contact) to force the resynchronization of the contact.
Birdy