Birthday older than 50 will be not display on Android-Phone

If BirdieSync 2.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
miholzi

Birthday older than 50 will be not display on Android-Phone

Post by miholzi »

Hi!

Sorry, for my english!

I've the problem, that Birthday are not synchronisized between my PC and my Samsung Galaxy S with Android 2.3.3.
On PC is BirdieSync 2.3.7.1 installed
On Galaxy is BirdieSync 2.3.5.0

On PC I use Thunderbird 7 with Lighnig as calender. Then I've a installed a calender called "Birthday from Thunderbird-Adressbook".

All my contacts and events will be synchronisized, and show on my smartphone. But if I create a new contact with a birthday older than 50 years it will be not synchronisized with Smartphone.

Thank's for your help!

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: Birthday older than 50 will be not display on Android-Ph

Post by Birdy »

Hello miholzi,

Which extension did you install to get this generated calendar ?
If you create a contact 40 years old, does it work ? And born before 1970 ? (43 years old for instance)
Thanks.
Birdy

miholzi

Post by miholzi »

Thanks for your answer!

As extension I installed "Lightning" (the calender addon for thunderbird). The birthday's are generated with the Lightning-calendar. I klick on "new calendar" and then I checked the option "birthdays from Thunderbird-Adressbook".

If I create a conact 40 years old, it works well! Only contacts older than 50 will not create.

Kokomiko

Post by Kokomiko »

Hi all,

same thing here!

I'm using
- Thunderbird 14.0
- Lightning 1.6
- ThunderBirthDay 0.8.0
- BirdieSync 2.4.2.0
- BirdieSync on Android 2.3.8.3

The add-on ThunderBirthDay creates events taken from the Thunderbird-addressbook into a special calendar in Lightning.

After syncing with BirdieSync all events indicating more than the 50th of each birthday will be missed on the mobile device.

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Hello Kokomiko,

It seems there has been a bug in Lightning with dates prior to 1970 since Lightning 1.4:
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=751821
I think this problem should be fixed in Lightning 1.9 (according to Target Milestone)
A workaround was found in Lightning 1.6 but only with events newly created. If events had been created before the fix, they have a start and end date with wrong values and so cannot properly synchronized on the mobile device.
If you manually create a yearly event before 1970, do you still have the problem ?
I'll see if I can make tests with "Birthday from Thunderbird-Adressbook".
Thanks.
Birdy

Kokomiko

Post by Kokomiko »

Hi Birdy,

thanks for replying.

I did some testing. I manually created 3 yearly events in Lightning, one in 1961, one in 1969 and one in 1980. After syncing on the mobile these events are only available until there 50th recurrance (2011/2019/2030). From 2012/2020/2031 on the events are missed on the mobile.

To me it seems that yearly events are just synced 50 times each.

gsguitar

Post by gsguitar »

Hi Folks,
since there seems to be no sollution for the problem with the birthday dates older than 50 years, I found another way to show the birthdays of my contacts in the phone AND in TB. Here it is:
- Birthday-Dates are entered in the appropriate fields in the contacts of Thunderbird or on the phone
- Birthday-Dates in Thunderbird are shown by the AddOn "ThunderBirthDay" - the created calender is not to be synchronized by Birdiesync!
- Birthday-Dates in the phone are shown by the calender-app CalenGoo (which I already used before I found this)
Synchronisation of the birthday-dates happens by synchronizing the contacts of both TB and phone.
Hope I could help!
Greetings, gsguitar

Hier nochmal auf Deutsch:
Da es keine Lösung für das oben beschriebene Problem zu geben scheint, habe ich einen anderen Weg gefunden, die Geburtstagsdaten meiner Kontakte sowohl auf dem Smartphone als auch in Thunderbird anzeigen zu lassen. Hier ist er:
- Die Geburtstage werden in die entsprechenden Felder der Kontakte in Thunderbird oder im Smartphone eingetragen
- in Thunderbird werden die Geburtstage durch das AddOn "ThunderBirthDay" angezeigt - der so erzeugte Kalender darf nicht durch Birdiesync synchronisiert werden!
- auf dem smartphone werden die Geburtstage durch die Kalender-App "CalenGoo" (die ich sowieso schon nutze) angezeigt
Die Synchronisation der Geburtstage läuft durch die Synchronisation der Kontakte auf dem Smartphone und in Thunderbird.
Ich hoffe ich konnte helfen,
viele Grüße,
gsguitar