Contact added in Galaxy Tab won't sync back to TBird

If BirdieSync 2.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
frangipan

Contact added in Galaxy Tab won't sync back to TBird

Post by frangipan »

Hi

I can successfully sync contacts from TB (13.0.1) to my Galaxy Tab (Android 3.2) but not back again, so any contacts I add to the tab don't appear in TB. Syncing events works fine both ways.

When I add a new contact on the tablet I get the option of assigning it to 1) Device - Tablet only, unsynced or 2) my gmail account (which I never use so has no contacts). In the contact settings on the tablet I can see those 2 options (Tablet only & Gmail) under the 'select contact to display' plus a Birdiesync option comes up too. I don't understand why Birdiesync doesn't come up as an option to select when I add a new contact. If it did, problem solved!

Not sure if this is a Samsung issue or a setting I can change in Birdiesync?

Any help very much appreciated.

Thanks

frangipan

Re: Contact added in Galaxy Tab won't sync back to TBird

Post by frangipan »

OK - just figured it! Found a setting in Birdiesync app on the tablet under the contacts where I can select contacts on the device to be included in the sync process so it's all working.

frangipan

Post by frangipan »

OK, so just upgraded to ICS. Connected with Thunderbird fine. Connected to contacts fine. But all contacts in Thunderbird have been deleted but they are still on my Tab. How do I get them back into TBird? I have tried activating the contacts as a new sync in TBird but I can see in the Birdiesync settings that it is not seeing any of the contacts, even though the Android contact app has them all (and I have already successfully synced, all be it deleted in the process). So until I can fix that, TBird thinks there is nothing to sync. I can't find whatever I selected before detailed in the above post - that option has now gone. Help!! I need to get these contacts back into Tbird. Thanks!

Spider

Post by Spider »

i'am a WM user but.

I had once the same.
always take a backup :)

if i understand your problem good

uninstall birdie complete.
install birdie.
sync and choose witch data you want to keep.

if you can first take a backup from your android

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Hello frangipan,
I can see in the Birdiesync settings that it is not seeing any of the contacts
That might be a problem specific to Android devices.
So you mean that in Android BirdieSync settings/Contact tab, the number of contacts displayed for each contact account does not match the number of contacts you have in your Contact app ?
So that would mean that your contacts would be stored in a hidden account ? (that may happen with some manufacturers...)
By the way, did you import these contacts on your Galaxy tab after the upgrade ? Or were they kept during the upgrade process ?
Again, ensure to have a backup of your contacts before any synchronization.
Thanks.
Birdy

frangipan

Post by frangipan »

Thanks for the responses. I have since synced my WM device which had the same contacts so all TBird contacts back in address book and then I could see those contacts through the settings in BirdieSync android when connecting the tablet so have managed to sync again with the tablet. Panic over but yes, thankfully WM device was in effect a backup so lesson learned: always make a backup!!!!

Thanks again for the suggestions.

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

An Android user can hide a WM user. :wink:
Thanks Spider.
Birdy

catedamien

Post by catedamien »

what does WM stands for?

Last edited by catedamien on Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Hello catedamien,

WM => Windows Mobile
Birdy

Robert Webber

Post by Robert Webber »

I am facing this same error in my new Galaxy Tab 3. I have absolutely no idea about what is wrong here. Birdiesync settings is not seeing any of the contacts. Do i really need to uninstall and reinstall the application now?