Find host with BirdieSync does not work

If BirdieSync 2.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
Stef

Find host with BirdieSync does not work

Post by Stef »

The option "Find host with BirdieSync" on Android client does not work for me because BirdieSync on my smartphone tries always to sync my desktop using a wrong IP address. BirdieSync on my desktop displays in menu "File/Options..." two different ip addresses (e.g. 192.168.56.1, 192.168.0.19) where only the second one of them is valid/the right one. Syncing is working fine with manuel entered (second) ip address but not with option "Find host with BirdieSync".
What is going wrong here?

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: Find host with BirdieSync does not work

Post by Birdy »

Hello Stef,

Your PC can have several IP addresses attached to its hostname. If several IP addresses are available, the next version of BirdieSync for Android will select the IP address belonging to the Wi-Fi subnet the Android device is currently using (this is not the case today). So this problem may be fixed in next version for Android.
Birdy

Stef

Post by Stef »

Thanks!

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

BirdieSync 2.3.9.0 for Android device has just been released on Google Play. If several IP addresses are available for the desktop PC, BirdieSync on Android should now choose the IP address belonging to the Wi-Fi subnetwork used for connection. Let me know if you see some improvement.
Birdy