Profil choice

If you dream about having BirdieSync casting your horoscope, this is the place to ask for it...
Birdy
Site Admin

Profil choice

Post by Birdy »

In a first step, I propose to give the possibility to choose a particular Thunderbird profile to be synchronized with the device. So there will be a unique profile which will be synchronized.
If an instance of Thunderbird is already running but under a different profile, another instance of Thunderbird will be started, this time with the good profile to perform the synchronization...
It means that it will not be possible to synchronize your device with different profiles at the same time.
If you have some remarks, don't hesitate...
Birdy

honzakolo

Post by honzakolo »

Hi,

I would like to have the choice with which profile my PPC addressbook is going to be synchronized. I reckon the best would be if there's one profile linked with one device name /ID/ (but with the possibility to change this in settings).
Do you think you can make such update? For me it'd be really handy since me and my dad need to synchronize our PPC contacts with our respective profiles in Thunderbird (we both have our own PPC device with different set of contatcs - to make myself really clear). Just a few minutes ago when I was checking the behaviour my contacts synced with my dad's profile... and I have to sort it out now... :evil:

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Well, sorry for the annoyance. I understand the problem. I think it should be feasible to associate a given profile to a particular device. I keep your request in mind for future evolutions.
Birdy

tosch

Post by tosch »

Any new about this feature ? I have the same problem with my girl friend and i don't want her appointments on my device...