Connection problems - Windows 8

If BirdieSync 2.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
pewe

Connection problems - Windows 8

Post by pewe »

I recently installed Windows 8 on my laptop, and now I ave a problem with auto-connect.

I think this may be an issue with Windows 8 as opposed to Birdiesync because when I plug my HTC Touch Diamond 2 into a USB port neither Windows mobile Device center nor Birdiesync launch.
The phone does appear in the control panel Mobile and Portable Devices, but does not appear in Autoplay under devices.

If I manually launch MDC then both Windows sync center and Birdiesync then launch a sync.

Can you give any advice as to where to look for the problem.

Thanks for any help offered.

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: Connection problems - Windows 8

Post by Birdy »

Hello pewe,

BirdieSync relies on ActiveSync to detect the connection of your Windows Mobile device.

If your mobile device runs on Windows Mobile 6.x, you could try this new setting to change the way your mobile device connects via the USB port:
On your mobile device, could you go in "Parameters/Connections/USB to PC" and uncheck "Enable advanced network functionalities" or "Enable faster data synchronization".

If you have a Windows Mobile 5.x device and you don't have this option, you may try to use a tool called usbswitch:
http://kb.palm.com/wps/portal/kb/common ... 73_en.html
Birdy

pewe

Re: Connection problems - Windows 8

Post by pewe »

Thanks Birdie.

I have already done that on the phone, and it didn't help.

But thanks for the response all the same.