Android: Events lost after USB conn. / Missing calendar?

If BirdieSync 2.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
Lars

Android: Events lost after USB conn. / Missing calendar?

Post by Lars »

Hi there,

yesterday I switched my HTC Desire S to Cyanogenmod 7.2. Everything is working like a charm, I only have problems with the calendar / events.

First I noticed that synchronized events were gone sometimes.

Later I saw that this seems to happen when I establish an USB connection with my PC (no BirdieSync synchronisation at this moment).

More details:

In the BirdieSync Settings on my phone in the area "Events" I can choose the following "Default event account"s:
  • None
  • BirdieSync
The calendar apps don't show a BirdieSync or Phone calendar in the settings.

In the phone settings in the Accounts & sync settings screen there is an account "BirdieSync". If I choose this account there is only an option to synchronize contacts, but no calendar. Edit: No "PC Sync", no "Home".

Is this normal? What can I do? I want to keep my data local.

Thanks,
Lars

PS: Sorry for the bumpy english.

Lars

Re: Android: Events lost after USB conn. / Missing calendar?

Post by Lars »

Hi again,

a little update:

It seems that BirdieSync wasn't able to create the "Home" calender.

For some reason it worked after I used the following app once:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... ndarrepair

After synchonizing then the BirdieSyncs "Home" calender appeared in the calendar lists everywhere and my problems seem to be solved.

Lars

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Hello Lars,
The calendar apps don't show a BirdieSync or Phone calendar in the settings.
When first launched, BirdieSync creates a "BirdieSync" account but there is no calendar present in this account yet. Calendars will be created only at first synchronization if it doesn't exist yet.
In the phone settings in the Accounts & sync settings screen there is an account "BirdieSync". If I choose this account there is only an option to synchronize contacts, but no calendar.
These settings don't impact BirdieSync synchronization. BirdieSync synchronization is only enabled in BirdieSync Activation tab on Windows in BirdieSync main window.
Note also that in Accounts & Sync there is only an entry for contacts and not for events for technical reasons. To conclude, simply ignore what is displayed in Account & Sync regarding BirdieSync.
synchronized events were gone sometimes.
Was it after a reboot of the Android device ?
After a new synchronization with BirdieSync ?
I would have needed the logs in order to investigate on the problem.

I'm glad the repair app could solve the problem but at the moment, it's not clear what really happened.
If the problem occurs again, could you please send the logs to support ?

Right after the problems occurs:
First, transfer the mobile device log to the desktop with "Help/Transfer mobile device log" while your mobile is connected.
Then build the log archive BirdieSyncLog.zip with BirdieSync menu "Help/Archive logs..." and send it to support(at)birdiesync.com.
Thanks.
Birdy

Lars

Post by Lars »

Hello Birdy,
To conclude, simply ignore what is displayed in Account & Sync regarding BirdieSync.
I see, thank you for the explanation.
synchronized events were gone sometimes.
Was it after a reboot of the Android device ?
After a new synchronization with BirdieSync ?
No and no. They disappeared after an USB session to transfer files from my PC to the phone.

But I think this special behaviour might have been my mistake here. In my calendar apps there was only one calendar: the one provided by the Google account. Because of this I chose this one in the BirdieSync settings but I had to choose BirdySync as default. The Google calendar wasn't synchonized with Google. Maybe this in combination with the USB thing above led to the strange result?
I would have needed the logs in order to investigate on the problem.
Is the log deleted/overwritten with each synchronization or might the relevant entries still exist?
If the problem occurs again, could you please send the logs to support ?
Of course. I'm wondering whether I may reproduce the problem if I delete the local calendar with the repair app. I'll think about that.

Thank you very much,
Lars