BirdieSync won't find virtual host

If BirdieSync 2.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
globalSchmidt

BirdieSync won't find virtual host

Post by globalSchmidt »

Hello,
I am not able to use the "Find host with BirdieSync" feature on the iphone/ipad BirdieSync client. When I attempt to have the IOS client attempt to find the BirdieSync host on its own it always fails to do so. The error message is: "Host with BirdieSync not found"

Set up...
I run Thunderbird 17.0.8 on a Windows 7 environment with BirdieSync 2.4.5.2. The Windows 7 environment is a guest OS running in VMware Fusion (4.1.4) whereas the Host is OSX 10.7.5 running on a MacBook Pro. The Windows 7 environment has its own IP address for its wireless connection on the same wireless network to which the iOS devices are connected and this IP address (on the BirdieSync host) is assigned dynamically. The MacBook Pro is only connected to the network wirelessly (no ethernet cable).

Tried so far...
If I enter the IP address of the BirdieSync host directly into the Settings of BirdieSync on the iOS client, all works well.
I've checked my firewall settings on the Windows environment and BirdieSync is fully "allowed" in both directions.

What else could/should I try?

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: BirdieSync won't find virtual host

Post by Birdy »

Hello globalSchmidt,

When you open BirdieSync settings on Windows (menu File/Options) and go to "Connection" tab, which IP address is displayed ? Is it the same as the one you successfully entered on the iPhone (when disabling "Find host with BirdieSync") ?
Do you have the problem if you temporarily disable your firewall on Windows ?

Could you send your logs to support ?
First, transfer the mobile device log to the desktop with "Help/Transfer mobile device log" while your mobile is connected (you may use your IP address after you failed to connect with "Find host with BirdieSync").
Then build the log archive BirdieSyncLog.zip with BirdieSync menu "Help/Archive logs..." and send it to support(at)birdiesync.com.
Thanks.
Birdy