android 4.3

If BirdieSync 2.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
Post Reply
nitram
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:20 pm

android 4.3

Post by nitram » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:57 pm

hello birdy,

just installed cyanogenmod 10.2 (android 4.3), birdiesnyc doesn't work anymore. looks like the same problem switching to android 4.2 in the past ...

- connected mobile, birdiesync wants full restore/snyc
- doing sync ok, contacts get not updated
- doing resync -> nothing to sync
- restarting mobile, birdiesync starts again with full sync

simple loop ;-)

checked contact accounts to be synced, everything as on android 4.2.

versions used:

- thunderbird 17.0.8
- birdiesync 2.4.5.2
- mobile 2.3.10.2

anything to help you debugging?

thx & cheers!

Birdy
Site Admin
Posts: 3015
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 11:43 am
Contact:

Re: android 4.3

Post by Birdy » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:28 am

Hello nitram,

Which contact account did you select as the default account (where new contacts should be created when synchronized from the PC) in BirdieSync app settings ?
Do you have a Google account on this device ?

> "contacts get not updated"
What do you mean by this ?
After the synchronization, you cannot see any contacts on the Android device ?

> "birdiesync starts again with full sync"
Do you get the popup window asking you to choose if you want to "Replace" or "Combine" your contacts ?

Right after you have the full resynchronization, could you send your logs to support ?
First, transfer the mobile device log to the desktop with "Help/Transfer mobile device log" while your mobile is connected.
Then build the log archive BirdieSyncLog.zip with BirdieSync menu "Help/Archive logs..." and send it to support(at)birdiesync.com.

Thanks.
Birdy

nitram
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:20 pm

Re: android 4.3

Post by nitram » Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:44 pm

hello birdy,
Birdy wrote:Hello nitram,

Which contact account did you select as the default account (where new contacts should be created when synchronized from the PC) in BirdieSync app settings ?
Do you have a Google account on this device ?
it looks like upgrading to cm 10.2 (from 10.1) changed the default behavoir for the birdysync app or contact storage settings. selected was phone which pointed to my google account. this google account is only used for access to play store, nothing else. contacts where stored 4 times on this ;-)

switched to birdysync, removed all contacts from google account, synced again, everything works well as the last years.
Birdy wrote: > "contacts get not updated"
What do you mean by this ?
After the synchronization, you cannot see any contacts on the Android device ?
accounts where displayed from phone (google account), so no changes came up.
Birdy wrote: > "birdiesync starts again with full sync"
Do you get the popup window asking you to choose if you want to "Replace" or "Combine" your contacts ?
yes, popup came up. but contacts where synced to wrong account. no clue why ..

it works again, thanks for your help and pointing me to the right direction. using birdysync since years without problems, so missed to check settings in the mobile app, my fault.

thx & cheers!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests