Installation on Vista

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
fireball

Installation on Vista

Post by fireball »

On Vista Ultimate (ENU), the Birdie Installer informs me, that no ActiveSync is installed - what to do?

(Birdie: I just reopened this here because I think my question is misplaced in other forum ;) ).

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Good thing. :) I think I would have done it sooner or later. :wink:
Could you confirm that there is "ActiveSync" and not the "Windows Mobile Device Center" in the error message ?
Is this is "ActiveSync", I will send you a modified installer to understand the origin of the error.
Birdy

pewe

Post by pewe »

I just tried to install on Vista.

The first time I tried I got an error half way through the install which said that the Mobile Centre could not be restarted and the install stopped.

On re-trying I get an error message saying that Microsoft Activesync (not Mobile Centre) is not installed.

fireball

Post by fireball »

It's definetively "ActiveSync" - I must say I already tried an Installation earlier (1.4.x) on that machine, which of course failed - I didn't know that Installation on Vista is not possible in January ;)

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

A fix was tested and will be provided in next release.
Birdy

fireball

Post by fireball »

Works fine here now - unfortunately I have a problem with the registration.

Registration Information is not available to Thunderbird or Sunbird. Maybe a problem of UAC?