Sync issue with Win8/Android 4.1.1

If BirdieSync 2.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
pewe

Sync issue with Win8/Android 4.1.1

Post by pewe »

I am running the latest versions of BS on both my win8 PC and my Android phone.

All works well EXCEPT when there is a conflict.
For example:
if I change the telephone number of a contact on the phone, an also change it (to something different) on the PC, when BS next syncs it :
- does not offer me the choice of which change to keep
- make no changes on the phone or the PC
- will no longer sync any other changes made to the account thereafter.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue??

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: Sync issue with Win8/Android 4.1.1

Post by Birdy »

Hello Pewe,

Which phone number did you change on your Android device ? (is it a Phone, Work, etc. Phone number ?)
Which option did you choose in BirdieSync options regarding "Items modified on both sides" ? Did you select "Manually choose item to keep" ?
Do you have an "unresolved item" listed in "Unresolved items" tab in BirdieSync window ?
Birdy

pewe

Post by pewe »

Birdy wrote:Hello Pewe,

Which phone number did you change on your Android device ? (is it a Phone, Work, etc. Phone number ?)

It was a Phone/Home number

Which option did you choose in BirdieSync options regarding "Items modified on both sides" ? Did you select "Manually choose item to keep" ?

Yes it was set at - "Manually choose item to keep"

Do you have an "unresolved item" listed in "Unresolved items" tab in BirdieSync window ?

Yes - it mentions the conflict of dual changes. Just noticed if I select the option to resolve it then future changes to the contact do sync again (unless there is a new conflict).
So I am wondering - should there be a pop up asking how to resolve the conflict, or does it only appear in the "Unresolved items"??

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

At the moment, there is no popup when an unresolved item occurs. The number of unresolved items is simply mentioned under the progress bar, and the unresolved items are listed in the "Unresolved items" tab.
If you don't choose which item to keep (on the mobile device or on the desktop), the items will no longer be synchronized (BirdieSync needs to know which version to keep).
Birdy

pewe

Post by pewe »

So it is working as it is intended. Silly me not noticing the Unresolved items before :roll:

Thanks Birdy.