Wrong end date of recurring events after sync

If BirdieSync 2.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
JWFG

Wrong end date of recurring events after sync

Post by JWFG »

Hello,
i am testing BirdieSync for the new phone of my wife at the moment. When i create a recurring event (dayly with specific end date) in thunderbird the event is one day longer on the android phone after the sync.
If i create a similar event (dayly with specific end date) on the android phone the end date in thunderbird is one day shorter. Is it just me or did anyone else have such problems? Did not find any reports about this, but it seems like an obvious bug to me.

e.g. ThunderBird-Event 6 Jan. 2013 recurring dayly until 9. Jan 2013
=> after the sync i get on the Android phone an event starting at 6 Jan. 2013 recurring dayly until 10. Jan 2013

e.g. Android-Event 6 Jan. 2013 recurring dayly until 8. Jan 2013
=> after the sync i get in thunderbird an event starting at 6 Jan. 2013 recurring dayly until 7. Jan 2013

Hope someone can help me
Best regards
Jörg

SW/HW:
Windows XP
Thunderbird 24.2.0
BirdieSync 2.4.8.0
Sony Xperia Z with Android 4.2.2

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: Wrong end date of recurring events after sync

Post by Birdy »

Hello Jörg,

I tried to reproduce your problem but didn't succeed. The event created in Thunderbird starting 6 January 2013/2014 with end date set to 9 January 2013/2014 was properly synchronized.
I tried Android version 2.3 and 4.2.
Also it may depend on the customized Android version but it's not possible to choose the recurrence end date in Android stock Calendar app.
Do you use stock Android Calendar app or another Calendar app ?
Could you tell me which time zone you use ?
Thanks.
Birdy