BirdieSync creates calender entries on Android 2.3.5

If BirdieSync 2.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
forestfu

BirdieSync creates calender entries on Android 2.3.5

Post by forestfu »

Starting 4. of February 2014 BirdieSync creates 100 empty entries each day which renders the calender useless.
What to do?

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: BirdieSync creates calender entries on Android 2.3.5

Post by Birdy »

Hello forestfu,

If events without any title are displayed on the mobile, these events may exist on Lightning without being displayed in the daily/weekly/monthly view.
To check that, open Thunderbird menu "Events and tasks" and check "Search events" (at the bottom of the menu)
Then in the calendar tab, a list in a sub window should be displayed with all the events.
Sort them by "Title". Look then if you can find empty events.
If yes, select the events with an empty subject and delete them.
Then synchronize again.
Your events with not subject should have disappear from your mobile device.
Birdy

forestfu

Post by forestfu »

Thanks for the quick answer,
but the only entries without title i have on Lightning are the recurring ones of earlier dates, which i cant delete of course.
Btw, i am using Thunderbird 24.0.1

Any other suggestions?
Thank you in advance

forestfu

Post by forestfu »

Its probably a problem with lightning, since i succesfully snychronized other test calenders without any mistakes.

Do you know of any problems regarding Lightning handling recurring events, like a university schedule?

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

I cannot say if there is a specific problem with Lightning regarding empty events.

> but the only entries without title i have on Lightning are the recurring ones of earlier dates, which i cant delete of course.

But I guess it's not normal to have these empty events in Lightning ?
What cannot you delete them ?

Are these events located at a specific time ?
You said that the events started on the 4. of February 2014. If the events have a specific time, could it match an event with a subject on the 4. of February 2014 ? (on the Android device or in Thunderbird)
Do you synchronize local calendars or remote calendars ?
Are these empty events located in a local or remote calendar ? (if remote which type)
Thanks.
Birdy

forestfu

Post by forestfu »

>But I guess it's not normal to have these empty events in Lightning ?
I guess it is normal. Almost all my recurring entries have no title (are empty) except the starting point entry.

>Are these events located at a specific time ?
yes, these event are located at the times of the starting point event, during the week.

>You said that the events started on the 4. of February 2014. If the events have a specific time, could it match an event with a subject on the 4. of February 2014 ? (on the Android device or in Thunderbird)
Funny thing, the recurring events, which should occur on the 4.2.2014, are not displayed and all other dates this week in february are pushed back a whole week.

>Do you synchronize local calendars or remote calendars ?
I only synchronize local calenders.

I think its a problem with the recurring events. I will redo the calender and synchronize the events again and see what happens. I will post the results then.