Some address books don't synchronize

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
thor0217

Post by thor0217 »

I have a half dozen or so address book lists in Thunderbird but it is only syncing the addresses located in Personal Address Book. When I add one on my PPC and give it a category that corresponds with and Address Book, it shows up in Thunderbird after sycing and disappears on my PPC. What is going on?

I discovered this program today. I hate Outlook and will never use it. I have not been using my PPC that I bought a year ago much because nothing would work with WM5. I couldn't get Finch to work. But this works (well almost). Once I can get all my contacts to sync, I am sure I will buy it.

Thanks!

Brian

pewe

Post by pewe »

I have 6 address books in Thunderbird, and they all sync properly to the PPC.

Did you set the options in Thunderbird? - in the Tools menu open the Birdiesync options and check all the boxes in the 'Address Book' tab, and also check the box 'Link Address Book to Contact category'.

I've added and deleted contacts on both the PPC and Thunderbird and it works for me so far.

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Hello Brian,

I would be happy that you became a new satisfied user. :wink: Could you tell me if among all your synchronized address books, one of them is empty ?

I will split this topic to put these posts in "Problem reports"...
Birdy

thor0217

Post by thor0217 »

A blank address book was the problem. At some point, Mozilla created a "Collected Addresses" book and that one was blank. I did not have it checked. I added a contact to that book, checked the box under Birdiesync Options and now everything works!

I am thrilled! For the first time since owning Windows Mobile 5.0, I can be free to use a calendar and contact list that is not Microsoft Outlook! A number of other PIMs dropped support for WM5 and others that do work with WM5 cost hundreds, such as ACT.

I was using SeaMonkey but now I will be using Firefox/Thunderbird/Lightning so that my e-mail/to do/contacts/calendar can all be integrated into one.

Brian

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Great ! :D
This fix will be included in next version.

(I will split the post)
Birdy