Android 4.4.2 not syncing contacts with Thunderbird 31.6.0

If BirdieSync 2.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
acorkos

Android 4.4.2 not syncing contacts with Thunderbird 31.6.0

Post by acorkos »

Any ideas? Calendars update both ways no problems....contacts are not. Thanks for your help!

acorkos

Re: Android 4.4.2 not syncing contacts with Thunderbird 31.6

Post by acorkos »

I removed and reinstalled the BirdieSync app on my phone....I lost all my events, both on the phone and on the desktop, but now my contacts are successfully synching both directions. Events are not synching both ways....they synch to the phone if created on the desktop, but they do not synch to the desktop when created on the phone.

Obviously I have some of my settings set incorrectly....I have the synching set to go both ways on the desktop, but it's not happening. can someone help me figure out what I am doing wrong?

acorkos

Post by acorkos »

solved it

my android calls the calendar app "My calendar"...I created a new calendar in Thunderbird called "My calendar"...everything synchs both ways now.

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Hello acorkos,

Glad you could solve this problem. To add some information, if you have problems synchronizing contacts or events from the Android device to Thunderbird (not the other way), you may refer to these 2 FAQ entries:
http://birdiesync.com/contact-created-a ... hunderbird
http://birdiesync.com/calendar-or-event ... hunderbird

Note also that if you uninstall BirdieSync app, Android will remove BirdieSync account with all calendars and contacts created in this account (BirdieSync app has no control over it and Android doesn't notify BirdieSync app about the uninstallation). If this is the case, it is recommended to reset contact and event synchronization in BirdieSync Activation tab on the PC so that the deletions of these items are not replicated on the PC at next synchronization.
Birdy