Connected devices not seen

If BirdieSync 3.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
eschmidt99

Connected devices not seen

Post by eschmidt99 »

Hello,

I'm running Windows 8.1, Thunderbird 38.0.1, BirdieSync 3.0.0.0b5. On my Nexus 7 I'm running Android version 5.0.2 and BirdieSync 2.3.10.3.

I've been using BirdieSync 2.x for a while now with no problems. I decided to check out version 3 so I uninstalled BirdieSync, updated Thunderbird to 38, then reinstalled BirdieSync. During the finalizing of the install and after restarting Thunderbird and installing the plugin, I created a new User and Source. BirdieSync sees Thunderbird as a source and is connected to it properly (It can see and read my Thunderbird contacts). However, when I connect to the primary source (my PC) over Wi-Fi with my Nexus 7 or my iPhone, BirdieSync on my PC does not see them even though the BirdieSync apps on both mobile devices show as successfully connected to my PC, i.e. under the sync bar on my PC it states 'Single Source Connected' and the only errors that are shown are those related to only having a single source connected while BirdieSync on my mobile devices states 'Connected to host 192...'.

Thank you for any advice.

Best,
Eric

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: Connected devices not seen

Post by Birdy »

Hello Eric,

You also need to install BirdieSync 3.0.0.0 beta on the Android device. So if you try to use BirdieSync 2.x app on your Android device, it won't be able to achieve the connection (the way to manage the connection has been changed).
If you haven't installed BirdieSync app beta yet, have a look at the beta 3.0 page which described the registration process.
Once installed, if you upgraded from BirdieSync app 2.3.10.3, uncheck compatibility mode with "BirdieSync 2.x" server in "Mode" tab. In "Connection" tab, enter your user name and password.
Birdy