Impossible to connect to host

If BirdieSync 3.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
hem

Impossible to connect to host

Post by hem »

I haven't tried to sync for a couple of months & now am unable to connect to my laptop, on which Birdiesync is running, from either my tablet or phone. Have updated to Thunderbird 38.6.0 in the meantime. Am running Birdiesync 3.0.0.6 on Windows 10 and 3.0.0.4 on Android.

When trying to connect my phone/tablet via wifi the desktop address is correct (as displayed in Birdiesync on the laptop), the device is connected to the same network as my laptop, Birdiesync is running on my laptop, & my firewall authorises Birdiesync to accept incoming connections.

The configuration screen on my laptop currently says "No source connected" but when I first started Birdiesync today it said "Impossible to connect to server 127.0.0.1". I don't know what caused that to change.

Any help would be very welcome.

hem

Re: Impossible to connect to host

Post by hem »

Sorry, just realised it's Thunderbird saying "Impossible to connect to server 127.0.0.1". Birdiesync says "No source connected".

Thanks.

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Hello hem,

You don't succeed in connecting your Android device and Thunderbird ? (I assume that Thunderbird is installed on the same PC as BirdieSync server)
On your Android device, can you confirm that "BirdieSync 2.x" is not checked in BirdieSync app Settings ? (otherwise the connection will hang with status "Connected to ...")
Even if your firewall authorizes BirdieSync to accept incoming connections, would it be possible to temporarily disable it and try to connect again ?
Which firewall do you use ?
Thanks.
Birdy

hem

Post by hem »

Hi Birdy

Yes, Thunderbird is installed on the same PC as BirdieSync server. On my Android device "BirdieSync 2.x" is not checked in BirdieSync app Settings. I have tried disabling the Windows Firewall and connecting, but same result.

Today the Birdiesync bar in Thunderbird says Not Connected to Host and BirdieSync itself (on the same PC) says No Source Connected.

Thanks

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Could you build a log archive with BirdieSync menu "Help/Archive logs..." and send BirdieSyncLog.zip to support(at)birdiesync.com ?
Thanks.
Birdy

hem

Post by hem »

I have done so, thanks.