Problem Upgrading

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
dallen

Problem Upgrading

Post by dallen »

I recently purchased your product and in doing so I realized that you had released a newer version. Therefore, I attempted to upgrade. To do so, I basically followed the directions as if it were a new install. Everything seemed to go well, except when I look at the extentions withing my PortableApps Thuderbird the version still says 1.5.1.1.

How do I get version 1.5.1.2 installed correctly?

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Hello Dallen,

If you check C:\Program Files\BirdieSync\Thunderbird Service\install.rdf, could you tell me which version is mentioned in this file ?
Birdy

dallen

Post by dallen »

Birdy,
Thanks for your help on this issue and in developing such a great program. It seems that my purchase has been delayed because I opted to pay using PayPal not realizing that I did not have any money in PayPal. As a result, I had to transfer some money. In a few days, you will get the money that you deserve and I will have the full-verstion of an outstanding program.

To answer your question, I opened up the file you told me to check using Notepad and it says:
<em:version>1.5.1.2</em:version>
This seems to be the correct version, but when I open Thuderbird and go to Extensions BirdieSync is listed, but the version number displayed says 1.5.1.1.

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Hm... That's strange. It is not the first time I see this kind of behavior. Actually, I think that the version of the extension you have is 1.5.1.2 even if the display is not the good one. Maybe it is caused by the extension cache of Thunderbird.
What you could do is this:
- Uninstall BirdieSync on the desktop (you don't need to do it on the mobile).
- Launch Thunderbird (important: it will remove BirdieSync extension)
- Reinstall BirdieSync
I think that your version number should be the good one now.
Birdy

dallen

Post by dallen »

You're a friggin' genius!!!

Following your directions worked perfectly. If you are ever in Indiana, send me a PM and I'll buy you a beer, or two.