Outlook will no longer sync

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
sirbanks

Post by sirbanks »

Yes, my firewalls are disabled on both computers. I reloaded BirdieSync and had the same results: it will no go past the "Synchronizing..." message unless I rename birdiesync.exe,

Dominik

Post by Dominik »

Birdy wrote:> Dominik:
When you say ActiveSync crashed, do you mean that the Desktop ActiveAsync crashed or did you get a "Synchronization error" in ActiveSync window ?
Sorry I was away the last days.

The desktop appl. did not crash or "said" something, it only tried further to sync. The application in (or at) the MDA crashed without any notice. It just went off the memory.

Dominik

Post by Dominik »

Hi, no idea or what will happen to that problem?

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

I tried to reproduce the problem again but with no success. Anyway, some modifications will be made and a new version of BirdieSync will be sent to you for testing.
Birdy

Dominik

Post by Dominik »

Birdy wrote:I tried to reproduce the problem again but with no success. Anyway, some modifications will be made and a new version of BirdieSync will be sent to you for testing.
Thanks a lot, I can try it next monday (when I'm back on office). I'll try 1.5.1.1 and post my experiences

sirbanks

Post by sirbanks »

Thanks, just let me know when it is available.

sirbanks

Post by sirbanks »

OK, just wanted to add 2 comments to this thread. First, I just realized that I quoted the wrong filename in a previous post. The file that needs to be renamed to sync with outlook is birdywatcher.exe, not birdiesync.exe. 2nd, yesterday I forgot to rename this file before syncing with Outlook, but it worked this time for some reason. Tried it again and it failed.

Dominik

Post by Dominik »

Dominik wrote:Thanks a lot, I can try it next monday (when I'm back on office). I'll try 1.5.1.1 and post my experiences
I tried with 1.5.1.2 but Sync crashed again (on the PDA). Disableing Birdiesync and rebooting and Sync with Outlook worked again.

yann

same pb

Post by yann »

Hi,
Since Ive passed 1.5.2 my laptop does not synchronized (outlook 2003).
At home it works perfect (TB+sunbird).
I synchronize from laptop to pda : mail contact event task
from pda to my personal PC : event and task only.
My PDA run under WM5 (dell axim 51v).

Now when I try to synchronize with my professional Laptop ActiveSync hang.

Help me please

(sorry for my english I'am French)

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Hello,

I will send you new a new version of BirdieSync for testing.
Birdy

yann

LOG envoyé

Post by yann »

Bonjour,

ci-joint le log. La synchro sur le portable n'a pu se faire (erreur repdo par deux fois puis reboot des deux côté et erreur encore mais cette fois-ci le log semble alimenté).
2°) A chaque fois que je passe d'un dock connecté à mon PC maison au dock connecté au portable, il me faut supprimer la synchro existante pour la recréer. puis cela échoue...

Merci pour votre support

PC maison : XP SP2 + TB 1.5.0.10+sunbird
Portable : XP + Outlook 2003

sur les 2 XP Pro SP2 + ActiveSync 4.5

yann

Translate

Post by yann »

Hi,
Your sent doesn't worked.
Your second send was better.(another DLL)
Now It's work on both of my computer (personal with TB and Sunbird) and pro (with outlook 2003).
But now I must destroy synchro. profile on each computer before synchronize.

I sent you my log file, hope it will help you to find issue to my problem.

thanks a lot for your support.