Subnird Options window in BirdieSync

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
Jam

Subnird Options window in BirdieSync

Post by Jam »

After installing BirdieSync according to directions, I try to access the BirdieSync options window from Sunbird.

Tools > BirdieSync Options

When I select the Miscellaneous tab, the Synchronization Period and timezone / time zone sections are not selectable. I can, however, change my time zone in the default Tools > Options window.

I find that every time I make any changes to the BirdieSync Options window, my timezone / time zone settings in the default Sunbird Options window changes as well.

Further, even though my time zone / timezone settings in the Sunbird Options window are correct (America/Edmonton), I'm getting the following error message in my BirdieSync log:

UTC 04/04/2007 22:30:36::0593 ERROR: Time zone are different on device (offset = -360) and desktop (offset = 0) (GetLastError = 0)

The UTC timestamp for this error message is not the true UTC time - it's actually Mountain time, 6 hours back from *true* UTC. My Windows Clock settings are set to Mountain time, and my Sunbird Options Window time zone is set to Mountain (America/Edmonton), but for some reason BirdieSync is reading my desktop offset as 0.

I believe it may be due to my inability to change the time zone / timezone in the Tools > BirdieSync Options window. Could this be the case? How can I fix it? Is there any way I can edit the preferences in the BirdieSync Options window without having to use the GUI?

Jam

Post by Jam »

Here's the Sunbird error:

Error: [Exception... "ServiceManager::GetService returned failure code:" nsresult: "0x80570016 (NS_ERROR_XPC_GS_RETURNED_FAILURE)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://calendar/content/calendarUtils.js :: guessSystemTimezone :: line 358" data: no]
Source File: chrome://global/content/bindings/preferences.xml
Line: 674

Jam

Post by Jam »

I might make a million posts in this thread before tonight is over!

I realized that I was getting the Menu errors because I was using Sunbird 0.3.1 - ANYTHING OTHER THAN 0.3 is clearly NOT supported!

After uninstalling/reinstalling to v = 0.3, everything worked great.

I did find, however, that I could get the Mozilla and BirdieSync errors to disappear when I changed these lines:

// Do NOT set this. If it is unset, we guess the timezone from the system
//pref("calendar.timezone.local", "America/New_York);

in the file C:\Program Files\Mozilla Sunbird\defaults\pref\sunbird.js to

// Do NOT set this. If it is unset, we guess the timezone from the system
pref("calendar.timezone.local", "America/Your_Timezone_Here);

Replacing Your_Timezone_Here with the city included in mozilla's list nearest to you, in my case, Edmonton. Unfortunately, other errors did occur, and unfortunately, I've deleted them. Hopefully someone gets further than me next time.

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Hello Jam,

Let's try to deal with your problem. :)

First of all, the time stamp for traces is a local time, not a UTC time despite what is mentioned at the beginning of the trace. This should be fixed...

Then, close Sunbird, comment the 'pref("calendar.timezone.local...' in your pref.js and launch Sunbird again. Can you modify your time zone preferences in BirdieSync options ?
Birdy

Jam

Post by Jam »

I can't remember for sure, but I believe all this was because I was working with a newer, unsupported version of sunbird ;)