Recurrent events with some occurences deleted on phone - synchro problem

If BirdieSync 3.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
ericch

Recurrent events with some occurences deleted on phone - synchro problem

Post by ericch »

I created several recurrent events on my phone (Android 9.0) and also deleted also some occurences of these recurrent events.
After synchronizing my phone (BirdieSync 3.0.0.16) to my PC with Birdiesync 3.2.2.2, all recurrent events were created on Thunderbird 60.6.1 calendar, but the deleted occurences of these recurrent events were not deleted on Thunderbird calendar.
After manually deleting these occurences on Thunderbird, BirdieSync noticed the changes in the recurrent events and synchronization displayed modifications with my phone (in fact, there were no differences on my phone, as these occurence were already deleted).
In conclusion, it looks like Birdiesync on Android doesn't see deleted occurences in a recurrent event.

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: Recurrent events with some occurences deleted on phone - synchro problem

Post by Birdy »

Hello ericch,

I made some tests deleting daily events (with time and all day events) but could not reproduce this specific problem.

Can you confirm that the occurrences were deleted on the Android device before the creation of these events in Thunderbird ?

When you say you deleted some occurrences, did you delete individual occurrences or "this and future events" ?
Are they daily events or another frequency ?
Are they events with time or all day events ?
Do you use the native Calendar app ? Or a third-party calendar app ?

Thanks.
Birdy

ericch

Post by ericch »

Hello Birdy,
Thanks for your answer. It was weekly events of 2 hours until a specific date with 3 individual occurences deleted (like a lecture for 3 months with some dates missing due to holidays) created on my phone (Android 9.0). I used "aCalendar+" last version (2.0.9) with a Birdiesync synchronized agenda (neither a specific agenda from aCalendar nor main agenda from gmail account).
These weekly recurrent events with some deleted individual occurences were created on my phone before synchronization with Thunderbird 60.6.1 and Birdiesync 3.2.2.

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

I made some tests with the native Calendar app but could not reproduce the problem (the event had to be created first with Thunderbird and then synchronized to be able to delete individual occurrences).

Then I made some tests with aCalendar app and could reproduce the problem. It seems that this app uses a different way to mark deleted occurrences than the native app. I'll investigate to see if it's possible to adapt to this different behavior.
Birdy