Can't connect to server over wifi

If BirdieSync 3.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
willpom

Can't connect to server over wifi

Post by willpom »

Hi

Recently upgraded my phone - Moto G7 Power Android 9. Birdie sync app installed. Client updated to 3.2.2.2. Thunderbird 60.8.0

No matter what I try (followed the guides) I can not get it to sync over wifi. Tried turning my firewall off (Comodo & EE Brightbox), getting the app to search, using the server name and IP from client server address. Closing and restarting, rebooting etc etc.

I just get "Connecting to host..." or "Resolving server name to IP..." followed by "Not connected to host".

Works fine over USB with debugging on; but I don't want to have to keep plugging it in to the PC.

Any ideas? My PC isn't LAN connected currently as major refurb of house, but using my old phone as a USB tether over wifi

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: Can't connect to server over wifi

Post by Birdy »

Hello willpom,

If you succeed in connecting via USB, while your Android device is connected, could you please build a log archive with BirdieSync menu "Help/Archive logs..." and send BirdieSyncLog.zip to support(at)birdiesync.com ?

> My PC isn't LAN connected currently as major refurb of house, but using my old phone as a USB tether over wifi

You mean that your PC has access to the local Wi-Fi network through your old phone plugged via USB which offers access to the Wi-Fi local network via tethering ?

Thanks.
Birdy

willpom

Re: Can't connect to server over wifi

Post by willpom »

Sent.

And yes I'm using my old phone tethered to my PC by USB as a wifi access point on my home network