Vista / Birdie

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
Marc

Vista / Birdie

Post by Marc »

Hi,
I trying to intsall BirdieSync on a W/Vista. The last version (?) of WDMC is installed, PDA (Asus 620) connected ...

During the installation process, I receive the following message "Impossible de stopper le windows Device Center" .... This message is displayed after the "Type du mobile à synchroniser"

Any idea ? Do I do something wrong ?
Marc

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Hello,

Sometimes, a problem can occur when trying to stop the Windows Mobile Device Center. This usually happens when you have just connected your mobile during the installation and haven't waited for the end of the synchronization. In that case, just relaunch the installation, and be sure your mobile is connected and synchronized.

If it still doesn't work, then you need to relaunch the WMDC. To do it, disconnect your mobile, kill wmdc.exe and wmdhost.exe processes and launch again the Windows Mobile Device Center (from the Control Panel for instance). Then relaunch the installation, and be sure your mobile is connected and synchronized.
Birdy

Marc

Windows Mobile / Asus / Birdie

Post by Marc »

Hi,

This morning, I have restarted the whole the installation .... or trying to do so

But a few seconds after having recreated the partnership, the PDA, again, disconnect ....

Birdie is not installed (yet) ... so probably the problem is somewhere else....

Any idea is welcome !

Marc

Background informations

PDA Asus 620
Windows Mobile : 6.0.6783.0
Pilote update for WM : 6.0.6783.0
Windows Vista

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Did you check if BirdieSync was still installed on your mobile ? If it is the case, you may uninstall it on the mobile.

Then you can try to soft reset your mobile and stop and restart the WMDC as mentioned in the previous post.
Birdy

Marc

Post by Marc »

Hi,

Many thnak for your feedback. I have progresed. Now the PDA stay "connected" but .... apparently Birdy is not compatible with Thunderbird 2.0b2

Correct ? Do you plan to support this version ? if yes, when ?

Best Regards,

Marc

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

It's in the pipe... :wink:
Birdy